Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

Watched the game and thought he was a little sluggish in the passing game, but was sharp with zone reads.  Helps to have a Heisman candidate at RB and some offensive line play.  South Dakota is going to be a really good FCS team.  They are way better than what we played yesterday.  Looking at KSU schedule they will be lucky to win more than 7 game this season, but offer an Offensive line and a pretty stout D with as always a great special teams game.  Solid team around AMart.  I won't be surprised to see him have a monster game when its needed.  Both running the ball and passing, K-State has some weapons and he has been coached up alot already, you could see it in his play.  Sliding after picking up a first down, and not throwing into alot of coverages.  His fumble came on a blindside sack from a delayed corner blitz, and most QB's would have as well. 

I won't knock him for moving on.  I think he made the right choice for himself and Frost.  Most pundants of the game say you make your most progress from game 1 to game 2.  we will see if Amart gets better next week.  Talent level is better at KSU, starting talent and they have more depth at all position.  Are they OU or Bama, no.  They are a solid squad.  Biggest difference is in lines on both sides of the ball. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Watching him play right now against Missouri.   He looks good and I agree with him,  the talent around him does look better than anything he had at nebraska.   It appears to be a great decision to move on for him. 

I can’t accept ksux can is more attractive for recruits.  They players they have obviously play harder.  All of this falls on frost.  More evidence that it is time for a change. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

Again, there is no comparing BIG12 defenses to those in the BIG10.  KSU has 140 total yards at half. Adrian completing 55% of his passes for a total 60 yards. Certainly, he is fitting in well, but to pretend they are a juggernaut just isn't true.

I agree but I see a line that explodes and blocks.  I see a running back that hits a hole hard.  I see a coach that gives the ball to a rb inside the 5 and manages his qb.    Motivational coaching goes a long way when you don’t have those 5 stars

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Again, there is no comparing BIG12 defenses to those in the BIG10.  KSU has 140 total yards at half. Adrian completing 55% of his passes for a total 60 yards. Certainly, he is fitting in well, but to pretend they are a juggernaut just isn't true.

Wasn't he average over 60% as a Husker?