Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

4 INTs v Purdue and a fumble v Michigan are hard to defend.

Stupid comments lead to even dumber ones.  Where would have we been without Adrian against Michigan last season?  yeah his one fumble cost us something, but I think without him we are not in the game even.  He had turnover issues, but some of that was in play calling.  Looking back on our seasons with Amart, we were pretty obvious in our plays.  Most of us could call the next play that Frost would run......he was like an open book.  Predictable.  I am doing nothing but wishing him the best for this season.  To even further that, this also digs in the claws a little bit more on Frost. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

4 INTs v Purdue and a fumble v Michigan are hard to defend.

Did I ever say Adrian played great every game? Yes, the Purdue game he played last year was crappy. The Michigan game he played fairly well, until he should have been called down for forward progress stopped and an All-American DE dove at his knee and another guy stripped him of the ball. Maybe if Adrian was surrounded by competent coaching and good talent, he wouldn’t have been put in situations where everything depended on him 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Nebhawk said:

Stupid comments lead to even dumber ones.  Where would have we been without Adrian against Michigan last season?  yeah his one fumble cost us something, but I think without him we are not in the game even.  He had turnover issues, but some of that was in play calling.  Looking back on our seasons with Amart, we were pretty obvious in our plays.  Most of us could call the next play that Frost would run......he was like an open book.  Predictable.  I am doing nothing but wishing him the best for this season.  To even further that, this also digs in the claws a little bit more on Frost. 

We could also call exactly when Adrian would fumble and many did in the forms during the game.  If the game was on the line he was not dependable, yes that probably also had some to do with the piss poor coaching but also Adrian does get some blame.  I am glad Adrian is finally getting recognition for winning a big game, he didn't get that chance here.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Did I ever say Adrian played great every game? Yes, the Purdue game he played last year was crappy. The Michigan game he played fairly well, until he should have been called down for forward progress stopped and an All-American DE dove at his knee and another guy stripped him of the ball. Maybe if Adrian was surrounded by competent coaching and good talent, he wouldn’t have been put in situations where everything depended on him 

I'm sorry the refs and coaching caused Martinez' turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

So am I stupid or dumber?

25 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

and here we go again

how quickly we forget how KSU lost to Tulane at home last week

just goes to show that OU wasn’t the dominant force the commentators (and the Huskers) made them out to be

I suspect that the Tulane game was the outlier rather than OU not being very good  OU showed some real speed.  Perhaps we wore them down last week. A team can get pretty tired when they score 49 unanswered points:)

• Haha 3

It just surprising to see so many that can't give a KID some credit for having a great game.  As Mickey has said, no one player, coach or insert here, is bigger than the program.  Adrian wasn't bigger than this program, but sure gets his share of blame for what the program did.  I hate to think what our record the last few years would have been without him.

Again, if we had Adrian this season, I believe we are sitting here right now 3-1.  That is no knock on Casey.  Style of play is a big difference.  Adrian just won't sit in the pocket and take a beating.  Honestly, outside of maybe two throws all season, Casey hasn't made any plays that Adrian would not have also made.  Stupid comments for me to make when you will never know for sure, just my observations so far this season.  We are not a better team without Adrian and I don't think we are worse team with Casey as well.  Casey is limited in running and personally won't run in fear of getting whacked.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, u straight up said “mostly with Martinez and Warner”…. Stop trying to bag on your own program and make it out like Warner caught 10 grabs for 100 yards and a TD. You’re equally as classless for hyping up something that didn’t happen. U even double down saying “he def did more to win that game than he did here”… he had plenty of chances here and I remember fondly his stone hands dropping a few critical TDs in the end zone for us. Revisionist history much?

Agreed

10 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

We could also call exactly when Adrian would fumble and many did in the forms during the game.  If the game was on the line he was not dependable, yes that probably also had some to do with the piss poor coaching but also Adrian does get some blame.  I am glad Adrian is finally getting recognition for winning a big game, he didn't get that chance here.

In some of those games where Adrian made mistakes, how many plays did he make to keep us in the game?  If we are going to point out all of his failures, at least point out when he kept us in games for him to make a mistake and lose the game.  I don't think he ever lost a game for us.  Our teams lost alot of those games with him as our starting QB. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

In some of those games where Adrian made mistakes, how many plays did he make to keep us in the game?  If we are going to point out all of his failures, at least point out when he kept us in games for him to make a mistake and lose the game.  I don't think he ever lost a game for us.  Our teams lost alot of those games with him as our starting QB. 

Lol, what? There are prolly 10 games I can squarely put on 2 AM costing us… he kept us

in games for sure but to say he never lost us a game is pure asinine 

last year Illinois and Purdue game would like to chat 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Our defense is so bad that northwestern’s only win came against us and northwestern lost to two non power 5 teams. No wonder we have the 128 ranked defense. What is even sadder is that we paid millions of dollars to have the worst team in FBS. Scott and chin are the gift that keeps giving. I wonder if Trev watched any practices during Scott’s tenure or saw signs of trouble before making the decision to finally fire Frost. You don’t get to be so bad on defense over night. We were decent last year. Kansas state made some critical stops against Oklahoma. I don’t think Oklahoma punted against us until their second or third tier players came in.

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

We lost with AM and without AM.  The common factors should now be pretty clear that AM was involved in the lack of success, but was not the cause of the losses.  This game was further proof that Frost and Co were/are completely in over their head as it related to play calling, development, adjusting, teaching the basics etc....Did he have bad games?  Absolutely, but I blamed him for a lot of them.  And now with hindsight being 20/20 we potentially had the worst coaching staff at a P5 school in the entirety of the past 4 years.  Frost was a joke.   

• Plus1 1