Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, what? There are prolly 10 games I can squarely put on 2 AM costing us… he kept us

in games for sure but to say he never lost us a game is pure asinine 

Again, where would we have been without him at all last season?  I don't know if we beat NW or Buffalo or Furman without him last year........?  We couldn't beat Georgia South and NW without him this season.............wasn't even competitive against OU with out him?  I think we might find out we were way better with him than without him.........

• Plus1 2

Besides having a very talented bowl bound team, you can tell it's very well coached.    I wonder if a slightly different scheme, different specific plays as well as more disciplined players would have helped Martinez to be the player he was tonight.

Methinks the problems at Nebraska run way deeper than many have thought.

• Plus1 5

Adrian is a 5th yr Sr with 4+ yrs of college ball. He should be on his pinnacle. Good for him to get a win. He also lost last week against not OU. 

the roller coaster w him rides on. Good luck kstate (f kstate) and AM. 

we DESPERATELY need to move on. 

Just now, Nebhawk said:

Again, where would we have been without him at all last season?  I don't know if we beat NW or Buffalo or Furman without him last year........?  We couldn't beat Georgia South and NW without him this season.............wasn't even competitive against OU with out him?  I think we might find out we were way better with him than without him.........

I don’t disagree and I’ve said on posts here he kept us in plenty of games. But I’m not gonna sit here acting like he’s the second coming of Tim f’n Tebow. The guy has a noodle arm and Oklahoma let him beat them with his legs, venables ain’t gonna be happy. 

frost is a douche, his s#!t staff is a f#&%ing plague on this progrum that will take years to shake. Wish we woulda maximized 2am when we had him I also wish 2am didn’t choke countless games as qb for us 

2 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

It tells you he and his offense was poorly coached at N. He torched OU, and good for him. He is now showing what he can do with a better coached team. I’m very happy for the kid. 

lol, living in the moment much? He was trash last week against Tulane.

our offense while he was here was actually pretty good. He was a turnover machine coupled with a s#!t defense and even s#!ttier special teams. 

4 minutes ago, I am I said:

Adrian is a 5th yr Sr with 4+ yrs of college ball. He should be on his pinnacle. Good for him to get a win. He also lost last week against not OU. 

Why do we need to move on? This is far more interesting than anything that will happen to Nebraska until Thanksgiving.  We may win one more game, but that'll be pure luck if we do.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 3

K-State was 8-5 last season (and bowl games 10 out of the last 12 years) and obviously in a better place than the  Nebraska program right now. Nebraska and Martinez both would have been better off without each other after the 2020 season when one could tell it just wasn't going to work.  Martinez made a lot of bonehead decisions at Nebraska, but good for him for finally winning a big game after the Tulane loss. Our defense kept us in games last season unlike this season.   I'm guessing K-State will make a bowl game, so he'll have that at least.  I don't miss Warner at all.  I'd take any of our current top 4 WRs over him.  He had some bad drops tonight.

Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

K-State was 8-5 last season (and bowl games 10 out of the last 12 years) and obviously in a better place than the  Nebraska program right now. Nebraska and Martinez both would have been better off without each other after the 2020 season when one could tell it just wasn't going to work.  Martinez made a lot of bonehead decisions at Nebraska, but good for him for finally winning a big game after the Tulane loss.  I'm guessing they will make a bowl game, so he'll have that at least.  I don't miss Warner at all.  I'd take any of our current top 4 WRs over him.  He had some bad drops tonight.

Agreed. The fact he was a captain for us perfectly epitomizes how trash our progrum has been the past few years. Brick hands out there that didn’t show it on the field, some leader 

Palmer has had some drops and a fumble this season, no one is perfect.  Warner is nothing but the security blanket when everyone else is covered.  KSU actaully uses him in the right manner.  He is not a game changer, just a possession receiver, chain mover.  Brody Belt before Brody Belt. 

Oh, the Tulane loss is not nearly as bad as getting beat at home by GA South allowing 45 points .  If we want to keep pointing out that Amart lost to Tulane, then lets not forget we got beat by friggin GEORGIA SOUTHERN.  Southern Ilinois, Miami of Ohio have all beaten NW.  NW may not win another game all season, but there one win was against US!

I am not on here to really pick on any one person.  However, the abuse that Amart took from this fan base during his tenure here was sometimes brutal and then seeing tonight that we can't give this KID the credit he deserves for being a competitor, warrior, and a baller is really insightful.  Remember that most of these players are still young adults and even teenagers still, they need leadership as well.  It is so obvious after tonight that Frost had nothing to offer this program that was positive.  Amart was a good player here, that had no help from his coaching staff.  Was mostly set up to fail.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

martinez never had a running back like deuce vaughn to help make plays. 

and frost completely misused  Wan'Dale Robinson which is why he left

our program is just a dumpster fire. luckily for the new coach is he can't do any worse than the previous 2, but fans should stop supporting a bottom feeder program 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

lol, living in the moment much? He was trash last week against Tulane.

our offense while he was here was actually pretty good. He was a turnover machine coupled with a s#!t defense and even s#!ttier special teams. 

So he had a bad game against Tulane. But he and his offense had a big impact in beating OU. That is something he and the N team couldn’t do. He had a big win, Tulane or No Tulane. Considering what went on with Frosty’s teams, KSU obviously has a better coaching staff. If they win more than they lose and make a bowl game that will confirm it. And I suspect that will happen. I would say just be happy for the kid. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, I am I said:

This post is trying to avoid accountability