Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Every year and virtually every Saturday, a back-up is asked to replace the starter and not only does the team not miss a beat, you realize the back-up is actually the better player. That's why the portal thrives with starting quarterbacks replaced by better backups. Tons of good high school QBs out there and every team should have at least two.

Chubba Purdy is another in a line of high school qbs who sell themselves as dual threats to a Nebraska system that promises to feature them, only to find out that these dual threat guys are actually zero threat guys. Holy s#!t he looked bad yesterday, and the offensive line was not to blame.

Agree that Smothers looks to be the better option at this point, but get ready for him to run for 8 yards, then run for 5 yards, then get snuffed out by a defensive adjustment, followed by an incomplete pass and a sack. 

Chubba was horrible yesterday.  As though he had never played QB in his life. Rex running the Rex-cat for what seemed like 5 games was much much  better....

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Every year and virtually every Saturday, a back-up is asked to replace the starter and not only does the team not miss a beat, you realize the back-up is actually the better player. That's why the portal thrives with starting quarterbacks replaced by better backups. Tons of good high school QBs out there and every team should have at least two.

Chubba Purdy is another in a line of high school qbs who sell themselves as dual threats to a Nebraska system that promises to feature them, only to find out that these dual threat guys are actually zero threat guys. Holy s#!t he looked bad yesterday, and the offensive line was not to blame.

Agree that Smothers looks to be the better option at this point, but get ready for him to run for 8 yards, then run for 5 yards, then get snuffed out by a defensive adjustment, followed by an incomplete pass and a sack. 

True...Sad but true...

11 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

It didn’t need said. This is poor form. Not you Suh, Severe. 

I've been a Martinez fan and defender for the past 5 years, but he is flawed, and stuff like this seems to happen to him.  Yes, it was a pressure from the D-line, so I don't know how much blame goes on Adrian, but he still fumbled when they were driving for a tying score.  I didn't like that K-State seemed to be going too slowly on that potential game-tying drive though.  They were taking too much time off the clock before Adrian's fumble at midfield.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I've been a Martinez fan and defender for the past 5 years, but he is flawed, and stuff like this seems to happen to him.  Yes, it was a pressure from the D-line, so I don't know how much blame goes on Adrian, but he still fumbled when they were driving for a tying score.  I didn't like that K-State seemed to be going too slowly on that potential game-tying drive though.  They were taking too much time off the clock before Adrian's fumble at midfield.

He actually fumbled twice on that drive. The first one just accidentally got knocked out of bounds by two Texas defenders. It’s literally crazy. 

Just now, Husker03 said:

He actually fumbled twice on that drive. The first one just accidentally got knocked out of bounds by two Texas defenders. It’s literally crazy. 

Yeah, you are right.  I was watching it when that happened.  I was actually thinking "maybe that's the good fortune for Adrian as a Wildcat (and not a Cornhusker)."

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Husker66 said:

nothing like representing your team for the coin flip in OT of the Big 12 championship. Brutal.  Howard is a stud.

I am not sure if this is supposed to be a dig at Adrian, but you go for it.  Howard has come in and played great for K-State this season, but Kleiman also gave credit to Adrian for helping Howard along the way and Adrian being a leader to the backup QB and the entire team.  Adrian is part of a Power 5 conference championship football team, and a top ten program.  It sucks that it didn't happen at NU.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not sure if this is supposed to be a dig at Adrian, but you go for it.  Howard has come in and played great for K-State this season, but Kleiman also gave credit to Adrian for helping Howard along the way and Adrian being a leader to the backup QB and the entire team.  Adrian is part of a Power 5 conference championship football team, and a top ten program.  It sucks that it didn't happen at NU.

not a dig, tough bounce. anyone who has played or had a kid play at this level knows you hold your breath for 4 years

• Plus1 1