Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Howard wasn’t playing great, but K-State was getting dominated by Bama’s offense. It would have been nice for Adrian to get more PT in his final game, but Kleiman was probably thinking that Howard could use some experience against great talent on defense. 

Yeah I understand that but he looked like a frozen statue at times when the o-line was getting dominated by the d-line.  Chris Kleiman could have switched it up by giving Alabama a different look.  Kinda like what I'm thinking this upcoming season with Matt Rhule with Casey Thompson and Jeff Sims.  I think we all thought that Adrian wasn't going to be sitting on the bench during his last game. It sucks to see him battle through inconsistency's and then go out like that.

Lets hear how the Big 10 is so much better than the Big 12.....................More physical?  Better run games?  Better coaching?  I would say that TCU just checked all the boxes in that game..............I do give the Ohio St Buckeyes a 25% chance to win this game, but its going to take a different level of play than they have played all season in the Big 10

I feel for AMart some, but does anyone know if he is 100%?  Maybe those few plays he ran was enough and he wasn't fully ready...........Shows actually how far down we have gotten when our 4 year starter goes to KSU and can't hold the starting job.....injury or not...........

• TBH 1
12 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Lets hear how the Big 10 is so much better than the Big 12.....................More physical?  Better run games?  Better coaching?  I would say that TCU just checked all the boxes in that game..............I do give the Ohio St Buckeyes a 25% chance to win this game, but its going to take a different level of play than they have played all season in the Big 10

I feel for AMart some, but does anyone know if he is 100%?  Maybe those few plays he ran was enough and he wasn't fully ready...........Shows actually how far down we have gotten when our 4 year starter goes to KSU and can't hold the starting job.....injury or not...........

Big XII is 2-6 in bowl games after TCU’s win. B1G is 4-1 so far after Michigan’s loss. 

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Big XII is 2-6 in bowl games after TCU’s win. B1G is 4-1 so far after Michigan’s loss. 

TCU runs a base 3-3-5 on D.  They did a great job against UM rushing attack.  I know that UM was down Corum, but gives me hope.  If TCU can get the the NC game, no reason NU can't recruit, develop and coach their way to getting a shot.

Just now, lo country said:

TCU runs a base 3-3-5 on D.  They did a great job against UM rushing attack.  I know that UM was down Corum, but gives me hope.  If TCU can get the the NC game, no reason NU can't recruit, develop and coach their way to getting a shot.

Agreed, I really was encouraged by the confusion TCU’s D caused. I am really excited about what White can do at NU with his scheme.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

It was a great win by TCU and a prime example as to why the 12 team playoff will be such an improvement for the sport.  

• Oh Yeah! 2
7 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Please list me the best wins by tcu or the team that beat them in the CCG. If anything this model is showing your body of work can be overrated based on conference affiliation. 

The best wins? :blink: 

How about the college football playoff, semi-final game, and the winner plays for the Natty?   The college football championship. Sounds radical. 

12-0 regular season is doing everything being asked from you.  Getting beat in OT of CCG stings, for sure.  But other teams in the country had their opportunities and blew it.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, admo said:

The best wins? :blink: 

How about the college football playoff, semi-final game, and the winner plays for the Natty?   The college football championship. Sounds radical. 

12-0 regular season is doing everything being asked from you.  Getting beat in OT of CCG stings, for sure.  But other teams in the country had their opportunities and blew it.  

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

It was a great win by TCU and a prime example as to why the 12 team playoff will be such an improvement for the sport.  

I’m not trying to discredit tcu because they easily could’ve folded 3 outta the last 4 weeks and they found a way to win. But when you add in the conversation of a 12 team playoff ask how legitimate this conversation goes beyond 4. IMO the bcs never got it wrong.  

7 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

I’m not trying to discredit tcu because they easily could’ve folded 3 outta the last 4 weeks and they found a way to win. But when you add in the conversation of a 12 team playoff ask how legitimate this conversation goes beyond 4. IMO the bcs never got it wrong.  

BCS never got it wrong--Nebraska vs Miami?  USC vs OU?   OU vs LSU- none of these games were ever competitive.  BCS did get it right sometimes, but not always.  Close wins, hum, we had a few a close win at Mizzou in order to win the Natty.  Close wins teach teams and players how to win under pressure.

The 12 team playoff will be a good thing.  The only negative that I can actually think of is injuries, team that are beat up after the regular season and lose because of attrition, not talent or scheme.  This will be school like TCU, K-ST, Ohio ST and maybe Michigan.  Georgia, BAma, and Clemson most seasons have more depth at key positions.  Bama will benefit from a playoff with more teams.  After watching yesterdays games, for sure they were one of the top 4 teams in the country at the end of the season.  SEC dominance is real, and I don't see it leveling out anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

BCS never got it wrong--Nebraska vs Miami?  USC vs OU?   OU vs LSU- none of these games were ever competitive.  BCS did get it right sometimes, but not always.  Close wins, hum, we had a few a close win at Mizzou in order to win the Natty.  Close wins teach teams and players how to win under pressure.

The 12 team playoff will be a good thing.  The only negative that I can actually think of is injuries, team that are beat up after the regular season and lose because of attrition, not talent or scheme.  This will be school like TCU, K-ST, Ohio ST and maybe Michigan.  Georgia, BAma, and Clemson most seasons have more depth at key positions.  Bama will benefit from a playoff with more teams.  After watching yesterdays games, for sure they were one of the top 4 teams in the country at the end of the season.  SEC dominance is real, and I don't see it leveling out anytime soon.

It’s coming to an end. Saban retiring soon, Bama as a program isn’t the same dominant force it was a few years ago. Georgia on a nice run but they too don’t feel the same as Bama did during the last decade.. the dawgs almost lost to an Ohio state team missing its whole receiver room, quite a few who will be playing on Sundays. 

Solid teams and best conference for sure but I feel like the sport is heading to a place of more contenders which is great 

• Plus1 2
On 1/1/2023 at 11:36 AM, gossamorharpy said:

It’s coming to an end. Saban retiring soon, Bama as a program isn’t the same dominant force it was a few years ago. Georgia on a nice run but they too don’t feel the same as Bama did during the last decade.. the dawgs almost lost to an Ohio state team missing its whole receiver room, quite a few who will be playing on Sundays. 

Solid teams and best conference for sure but I feel like the sport is heading to a place of more contenders which is great 

Completely agree.  I do think that parity will take place in a few years once the 12 team format gets going.  I still think that the SEC will get more teams into the playoff each season( Media bias) and the fact that they just have better talent right now.  OU and Texas will challenge the bag men in the SEC.  They have cash.  They will compete for recruits with Georgia and Bama.  I hope that they have a rule where all conference champs go to the playoffs. P-5 conferences at least.  This at least allow for some other schools to at least get a shot and hope they start soon as the regular season is over.  No layoffs.Just like basketball.  If you have injuries, so be it.