Jump to content

Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So now NU fans are falling all over themselves to say “well, Adrian sucked last week against Tulane, so this week doesn’t matter and OU was overrated”. Yes, Adrian didn’t play great last week, but he balled out and was awesome tonight against a team that NU lost to by 5 TD’s last week. Why do we have to get into pissing contests all the time?


Because we are Nebraska fans and pain is our way of life?!

Link to comment

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

So now NU fans are falling all over themselves to say “well, Adrian sucked last week against Tulane, so this week doesn’t matter and OU was overrated”. Yes, Adrian didn’t play great last week, but he balled out and was awesome tonight against a team that NU lost to by 5 TD’s last week. Why do we have to get into pissing contests all the time?

Unfortunately that's what we have on a bye week.  We have seen Adrian ball out before and lose, like a lot over 4 years but finally he got a win.  Let's see if he can do it more than 1 week because we have all seen a great week and the next basically Tulane the next.  We just don't have anything better to do this week:lol:

  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

Face the music.  K-State is a far better team, more disciplined, tougher, and with Adrian running or passing, they could be Big 12 champs.  Nebraska fans were pretty hard on this kid, when clearly, even if he were still here, I believe we beat Northwestern and Georgia South.  His running ability is missed, it also covered up our bad O-line for all the years he was here.  Give him credit.  He was barely touched tonite, and slid most of the time.  Give him credit. 

 

Warner did ok as well, but isn't going to win any foot races.  Made some key third down grabs. 

 

Frost was a fraud, and didn't build a culture or a program.  I am sitting here thinking about all the players we lost in his tenure that have made impacts elsewhere.............a few have.  I watched KU and KSU today, and believe me, those two coaches, coach up and develop players.  I think we could do a lot worse than hiring either one of those dudes. 

  • Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Calling people clowns shows who you are classless. I did watch the game and the last drive where Kansas went down and scored the last touchdown, kade was featured the entire drive and was crucial in keeping the drive alive. He definitely did more to win that game than he did when he was at Nebraska. I am not saying he was a world beater but he was key in securing the win.

Lol, u straight up said “mostly with Martinez and Warner”…. Stop trying to bag on your own program and make it out like Warner caught 10 grabs for 100 yards and a TD. You’re equally as classless for hyping up something that didn’t happen. U even double down saying “he def did more to win that game than he did here”… he had plenty of chances here and I remember fondly his stone hands dropping a few critical TDs in the end zone for us. Revisionist history much?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Just now, Nebhawk said:

Face the music.  K-State is a far better team, more disciplined, tougher, and with Adrian running or passing, they could be Big 12 champs.  Nebraska fans were pretty hard on this kid, when clearly, even if he were still here, I believe we beat Northwestern and Georgia South.  His running ability is missed, it also covered up our bad O-line for all the years he was here.  Give him credit.  He was barely touched tonite, and slid most of the time.  Give him credit. 

 

Warner did ok as well, but isn't going to win any foot races.  Made some key third down grabs. 

 

Frost was a fraud, and didn't build a culture or a program.  I am sitting here thinking about all the players we lost in his tenure that have made impacts elsewhere.............a few have.  I watched KU and KSU today, and believe me, those two coaches, coach up and develop players.  I think we could do a lot worse than hiring either one of those dudes. 

It’s funny because NU fans are also saying that the coaches at KU and K-State aren’t good enough to be coaches at NU. 

Link to comment

10 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, did u even watch the game? Warner had a few grabs for 30 yards Lolol, you’re nuts.

 

Martinez balled out for sure, deuce tore it up like the baller he is, but get the f#&% out saying Warner was the 2nd biggest player in the game clown

 

4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I would suggest Kade is not the caliber of player we should want starting at NU, but nonetheless good for him and it speaks extremely well of Klieman that he gets the absolute most out of him. 

Completely agree with the last statement. Being able to get the best out of the talent you have is crucial. We have some excellent talent at Nebraska but somehow our coaches cannot get these guys to perform in games. May be Mickey will surprise this week.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:


And yet, that same guy is the new heir apparent to the best center in the NFL. (Go birds!)

 

NU is a toxic suckhole that drags everyone down with it at this point.

Like when you have a serviceable place kicker completely whiff a ball on a tee…. Always felt bad for him. That was extremely embarrassing 

Link to comment

I don’t know what’s been said in this thread. IMO, KSU has had the reigns on their offense to unveil in this game. They thought, I’m sure, that they’d have enough vanilla offense against Tulane to win the game. It backfired. Tonight, they fired all their weapons. To me, having watched them several times already, they have only themselves to blame for their lone loss. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Unfortunately that's what we have on a bye week.  We have seen Adrian ball out before and lose, like a lot over 4 years but finally he got a win.  Let's see if he can do it more than 1 week because we have all seen a great week and the next basically Tulane the next.  We just don't have anything better to do this week:lol:

I find this thread completely funny.  Adrian never beat a Top 10 team on the road here.  He never had the chance to do things like he did tonight.  Football is greater than one dude, so last week wasn't only him that laid an egg...........just like he didn't lose 29 games for us by himself..........Smothers had how many turnovers and mistakes against Iowa last season..........yeah.  Nebraska fans who are reared has the best fans in the world, I wonder sometimes if that is actually true......some act like worst ever.  Realizing that Frost was a complete fool is much easier than blaming Amart for our losses, because clearly, when he is coached better, he plays alot better and his team wins!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Who even cares.  For 4 years Adrian was the whipping boy for the ails of Nebraska football. I’m not saying he was perfect, but maybe it had something to do with terrible coaching and average talent around him. 

4 INTs v Purdue and a fumble v Michigan are hard to defend.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Riley didn't take the program backwards.  He had the team taken away from him after his second season when the boosters forced Bob Diaco onto the staff.  Riley gave up knowing he would get blamed for Diaco's joke of a defense.  I'm not okay with him giving up, but I understand it.

Lol you believe he was moving the program forwards... as in he was improving the on field product he inherited from Pelini? :bs:

 

Any sort of evidence to indicate that he was moving the program forward? Was it striking out with the whole Calibraska movement? Honing all recruiting focus on big name 4 & 5 star prospects who rarely came before the staff settled for below average talent because they failed to recruit with any backup plans... I'm old enough to remember the Foster Sarell for Chris Walker trade off. 

 

You also believe boosters chose Bob Diaco as our defensive coordinator? :facepalm: Maybe Eichorst, but any boosters choosing a failed Diaco would be shocking. 

Link to comment
Just now, Nebhawk said:

I find this thread completely funny.  Adrian never beat a Top 10 team on the road here.  He never had the chance to do things like he did tonight.  Football is greater than one dude, so last week wasn't only him that laid an egg...........just like he didn't lose 29 games for us by himself..........Smothers had how many turnovers and mistakes against Iowa last season..........yeah.  Nebraska fans who are reared has the best fans in the world, I wonder sometimes if that is actually true......some act like worst ever.  Realizing that Frost was a complete fool is much easier than blaming Amart for our losses, because clearly, when he is coached better, he plays alot better and his team wins!

Oh Adrian has done some extremely dumb things over the 4 years we had him, throw into triple coverage run out of bounds 3 yards short of a first down on 4th down to lose the game etc, they are very well known.  He does hold some blame for some of the losses but not all as it seems apparent coaching had quite a bit to do with it and their dumbass plays.  Blame goes all around for the clusterfudge we currently have.  He was the starting QB and he was not one we could say with a straight face that we 100 percent could depend on when needing 1 play to put it away.  Tonight he played quite well and didn't make those old mistakes we came to expect him to do when the rubber met the road.  Can he continue to play like this?  From 4 years of watching him, probably not but I hope he proves me wrong and good for him.  He was not a a player we could depend on when it counted most.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...