Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

6 hours ago, skers83 said:

Adrian possibly hurt. His back up just hit Kade Warner for a td.

Backup QB goes 13-20 225 yards 2 TDs 1 INT.  The KSU backup entered the game down 7-0 and lead them to a 28-10 lead........ not too shabby.  For someone who hadn't played all year.

21 hours ago, Micheal said:

College Game Day doing a piece on Adrian Martinez right now. 

He definitely took the high road. He could have said a lot about how s#!tty his OL was, how Frost and Verducci had no idea what they were doing based on getting real coaching now, etc.

He made some real blunders while playing for the Huskers, but when you are constantly running for your life because of your OL you rush things. Probably crumbled under the pressure a bit too I guess. Everything fell on him while with the Huskers. At KSU he can just play and know he can hand the ball off the Deuce and be good.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, admo said:

QB plug and play did ok though right? :dunno

Backup QB missed an open Kade Warner for a TD early in the 4th quarter. Would have cut the lead to 3. Make matters worse, the kicker missed the FG which would have cut the lead to 7. The backup played well, but did little in the 2nd half, when he may have been injured as well. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Backup QB missed an open Kade Warner for a TD early in the 4th quarter. Would have cut the lead to 3. Make matters worse, the kicker missed the FG which would have cut the lead to 7. The backup played well, but did little in the 2nd half, when he may have been injured as well. 

28-10 lead seems to be a good thing, no?

7 minutes ago, admo said:

28-10 lead seems to be a good thing, no?

We all know that KSU ultimately lost, right?  TCU game planned for Martinez all week and we’re caught spinning a bit when a qb with no wheels and an accurate arm came in. But. Didn’t take long for them to adjust and shut that down too, and then also roll off 28 unanswered to bring home the w. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I said the backup QB did some good things in the first half.

You did?  I will have to re-read what you said.  I am sure a QB coming in cold, down 7, and leading  team to a 28-10 advantage is doing some good things. ??   At Nebraska that would be amazing.