Jump to content


Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career


Recommended Posts



3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

He was also better than Thompson last year when under pressure.  If the line isn't improved, QB play will regress.

Stats will show that but what everyone seems to not understand or forget Casey played with a messed up thumb all year during and after the Oklahoma game. I dont think we regress at all. AM played his tail off but im glad we and he has moved on. This topic seems like a bad divorce but we just need to let by gone's be by gone's. Let AM live his life and whatever comes from that congratulations.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Stats will show that but what everyone seems to not understand or forget Casey played with a messed up thumb all year during and after the Oklahoma game. I dont think we regress at all. AM played his tail off but im glad we and he has moved on. This topic seems like a bad divorce but we just need to let by gone's be by gone's. Let AM live his life and whatever comes from that congratulations.

AM played with a broken jaw.  What's your point?

 

I know you don't think anything but sunshine and rainbows are coming but you don't live in reality :lol:

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, runningblind said:

AM played with a broken jaw.  What's your point?

 

I know you don't think anything but sunshine and rainbows are coming but you don't live in reality :lol:

Broken jaw??? Last time i checked that has nothing to do with making the same mistakes over and over again throughout the years or being able to throw the football accurately to a running back on a screen pass. You go watch Kansas State and go cheer them on and sunshine and rainbows really you have no faith in the believe that SF with the changes can win. Im not saying he is going to win a championship rn but he certainly can take them to a bowl game this year. Have some faith my husker fan or should i say AM fan.

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Broken jaw??? Last time i checked that has nothing to do with making the same mistakes over and over again throughout the years or being able to throw the football accurately to a running back on a screen pass. You go watch Kansas State and go cheer them on and sunshine and rainbows really you have no faith in the believe that SF with the changes can win. Im not saying he is going to win a championship rn but he certainly can take them to a bowl game this year. Have some faith my husker fan or should i say AM fan.

I think fans should be able to look at the good things Adrian did while he was here and at the same time be optimistic about the future with our new players.  Talking trash about him does us no good.  I personally think Adrian is going to do well this fall and I think Nebraska takes a small step forward, goes to a bowl game, and starts on the path towards being good again.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

I think this thread is getting way too much attention to it.  What else is he gonna realistically say "eh, my new squad sucks a$$ I shoulda never left?"

 

I'm sure the 2AM K state is gonna get is gonna be the exact guy we saw for the past 14 years, a solid football player who has the athelticism to make some jaw dropping plays but also a good arm at best that is prone to f'n up some basic responsibilities as a passer.  There were plenty of moments where he covered up our ineptitude and plenty of WTF moments that were solely on him (thinking about that purdue outing of his)

 

Perhaps in the Big12 where defense really isnt a thing his strengths will shine more than the big10.  Wish him the best of luck as a player but K state can go F itself.  Someone let them know the only reason he went there was because of the GF

 

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Broken jaw??? Last time i checked that has nothing to do with making the same mistakes over and over again throughout the years or being able to throw the football accurately to a running back on a screen pass. You go watch Kansas State and go cheer them on and sunshine and rainbows really you have no faith in the believe that SF with the changes can win. Im not saying he is going to win a championship rn but he certainly can take them to a bowl game this year. Have some faith my husker fan or should i say AM fan.

So injuries negatively affected the guy we have now at his last stop, but injuries didn't have anything to do with the last guy? Makes a lot of sense. 

 

Serious question, not trying to argue more here. What has Scott Frost done to earn your faith that he can win? He was forced to make these changes in order to not be let go last year.  Trev had a hand in all of the hires, and these new coaches told him the roster wasn't good enough so they brought in transfers that have to all gel in one summer.  What experience/track record/critieria are you using to think this is going to work?

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, runningblind said:

He was also better than Thompson last year when under pressure.  If the line isn't improved, QB play will regress.

Really?

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hookemheadlines.com/2022/01/06/1-thing-casey-thompson-did-really-well-that-texas-will-miss/amp/

 

 

"Thompson led the Big 12 in 2021 in terms of passing touchdowns,  quarterback rating, first downs, and was third in passing yards when he had less than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. He registered 19 passing touchdowns, just two interceptions, more than 1,000 passing yards, and more than two-dozen first downs when he had less than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the football."

 

I’ll buy your tailgate a keg if AM has better numbers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, runningblind said:

So injuries negatively affected the guy we have now at his last stop, but injuries didn't have anything to do with the last guy? Makes a lot of sense. 

 

Serious question, not trying to argue more here. What has Scott Frost done to earn your faith that he can win? He was forced to make these changes in order to not be let go last year.  Trev had a hand in all of the hires, and these new coaches told him the roster wasn't good enough so they brought in transfers that have to all gel in one summer.  What experience/track record/critieria are you using to think this is going to work?

Frost doesn't need your "trust".

 

He has friends in high places.

 

And an undefeated season.  Yes, that's a big deal on any coaches resume.

 

Frost wanted Mickey Joseph previously but he wasn't available.  Same for the Walters/Lubick transition.

 

Part of the "hand" Trev had in these hires is letting them know he has their....and Frost's.....back.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, The Dude said:

 

What does this look like?  We win only two games instead of three?

 

It looks like us not being in the OU, MSU, Michigan or OSU games where he kept our offense afloat because our tackles couldn't block a third grader. Sound like a lot worse season to me but don't let me stop you from getting in some smarmy whining.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Really?

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hookemheadlines.com/2022/01/06/1-thing-casey-thompson-did-really-well-that-texas-will-miss/amp/

 

 

 

"Thompson led the Big 12 in 2021 in terms of passing touchdowns,  quarterback rating, first downs, and was third in passing yards when he had less than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. He registered 19 passing touchdowns, just two interceptions, more than 1,000 passing yards, and more than two-dozen first downs when he had less than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the football."

 

I’ll buy your tailgate a keg if AM has better numbers.

Yes, really.

 

https://theathletic.com/3264779/2022/04/26/nebraska-cornhuskers-football-preview-scott-frost-casey-thompson?source=user-shared-article

 

959703595_Screenshot_20220601-223340_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e4f08dd3fb3b279cd23ed529ab5be766.jpg

 

Stats from Pro Football Focus, not hookemheadlines. Pressured significantly more, better completion percentage for a much higher average and generated 30 more first downs.  TD/INT numbers aren't stellar but they are definitely better.  I'll take Fat Tire for my keg.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...