Jump to content

Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career


Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m not butthurt if that’s your suggestion.  On the contrary, I’m hoping Casey T does great!   For Adrian, it’ll be great if he shines this fall.  But if he whips Frost, how will that be spun by the defenders of the Frost effect?   

I'm sure the media and guys like you will have a great time arguing how much we stink and all the things wrong.  The difference will be the media will be doing it to get clicks...  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

as much as i like Adrian, i don't recall him ever leading a "receiver open".  He threw into tight coverages or slightly behind receiver, over their head and bounced a bunch...  I was watching Casey's 2021 games at Texas and saw he regularly led the receiver into open field.  Now maybe that is the pores defenses in the Big 12 but I look forward to seeing that happen next season.   If the big 12 defenses are on par (meaning defense optional) with 2021, then Adrian might do well.  

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

Listen I defend Adrian against a lot of the nonsense and doofus stuff on here but he pretty much singlehandedly cost us the Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota games by not being able to hit open receivers or turning the ball over. If he wanted to win more he should have played better.

  • Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Also, NU has finished ahead of K-State in the advanced rankings every year since Frost has been here. The only reason K-State has won more than us is because they play a patsy-a$$ noncon every year and then play in what is usually the worst or second-worst P5 conference. If they played in the Big Ten they'd get creamed. If going to a worse team that gets to play other worse teams is "wanting to win" then I don't really understand it and it seems pretty lame to me!

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, San Diego Husker said:

as much as i like Adrian, i don't recall him ever leading a "receiver open".  He threw into tight coverages or slightly behind receiver, over their head and bounced a bunch...  I was watching Casey's 2021 games at Texas and saw he regularly led the receiver into open field.  Now maybe that is the pores defenses in the Big 12 but I look forward to seeing that happen next season.   If the big 12 defenses are on par (meaning defense optional) with 2021, then Adrian might do well.  

 

Watch how much better, and more frequent, plays behind the LOS and 5-yards down field will be called as compared to previous years. The offense Frost runs is supposed to be quick attacking, but when a QB holds on too long or throws behind the target then the WR/RB has little to no shot. Thompson is money with those touch passes and it will be a huge difference. What’s also interesting is how Thompson had less time in the pocket to pass compared to AM. 

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Watch how much better, and more frequent, plays behind the LOS and 5-yards down field will be called as compared to previous years. The offense Frost runs is supposed to be quick attacking, but when a QB holds on too long or throws behind the target then the WR/RB has little to no shot. Thompson is money with those touch passes and it will be a huge difference. What’s also interesting is how Thompson had less time in the pocket to pass compared to AM. 

Hope you're right on Thompson

Link to comment

18 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

AM will have an offense that tries and puts less on their QB...he should do well given their RB situation and his own experience. For us though, gimme CT all day long. 

Me too. Casey made that sideline throw in the spring game and im like hello wish we had that through out the years. Fortunately we do now.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The real question should be does anyone believe that AM lived up to the hype of the number 7th dual ranked qb? Yes i understand with the o-line play but his decision making, turnovers have to be accountable too. In my mind i say no he never did but he tried to. Tons of heart though.

He seem to be headed in the right direction his freshman year. After that, perhaps due to injuries and loss of confidence, he was never as good. I hope KSU brings the best in him. 

Link to comment

I think Kansas State is at least more talented than Rutgers and Illinois. So yeah, probably as talented as most middle to lower tier teams. I hope we're not having pathetic discussions like this after this season.
The jury's still out whether Adrian will add to their talent or shoot them in the foot like Barney Fife with his one bullet. 

Link to comment
On 6/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, Big Red Viking said:

Hope you're right on Thompson

He’s gonna make his mistakes. The Corn Nation guys have a good assessment on him and a 65min video of every snap of his last year. He is an exceptional passer behind the LOS and gets rid of the ball quick. He’s gonna make mistakes 15+ downfield. He doesn’t have the mobility of AM but he makes quicker decisions - takes what’s there at the moment instead of holding out for more. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

He’s gonna make his mistakes. The Corn Nation guys have a good assessment on him and a 65min video of every snap of his last year. He is an exceptional passer behind the LOS and gets rid of the ball quick. He’s gonna make mistakes 15+ downfield. He doesn’t have the mobility of AM but he makes quicker decisions - takes what’s there at the moment instead of holding out for more. 

I understand that's what everyone is looking at but everyone seems to forget is CT couldn't push the ball down field bc of his injured thumb. Now do i believe he is going to make a lot of mistakes bc of last year i don't. From what i hear he is all about being prepared and is doing everything to be ready for the season (studying the playbook while getting a haircut). Now im not saying other football players don't do that before the season starts but the one's that love the game of football do and that's what i believe separate's the ones from being great to the the ones that are ok and if CT is doing those things when he is off really shows you what kind of leader and dedication it takes to play. His teammates will see that and up their drive to win too which leads to more success. It will always start with the qb.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...