friday night games?

i am wondering why would they have friday night football????? that is a collison course with high school football, and not serve justice to the kids playing on friday...now people have to make a choice to either skip there favoriite high shool games. or the nu game...its does not make sense to me having nu play on fridays

• Plus1 1

On 5/30/2022 at 8:16 PM, ronsss said:

i am wondering why would they have friday night football????? that is a collison course with high school football, and not serve justice to the kids playing on friday...now people have to make a choice to either skip there favoriite high shool games. or the nu game...its does not make sense to me having nu play on fridays

The Huskers have been my favorite HS team over the last 4 yrs

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

my thoughts exactly.  Unless you have a kid playing or are coaching who cares

This is true.

The reason people go to high school games is to see their kids play or because there is nothing else to do in that town.

If there was a Husker game on a Friday night...that would be the thing to do.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, ronsss said:

If you are a grown a$$ adult and your fall focuses on a high school football team and you have no job at the school, coaching job, or relative on the team, you need to find a hobby and a professional to talk to.

Move to Texas 

• Plus1 4
43 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

If you are a grown a$$ adult and your fall focuses on a high school football team and you have no job at the school, coaching job, or relative on the team, you need to find a hobby and a professional to talk to.

Move to Texas 

Does this also apply to college teams?  

edit: I know the disclaimer of “small towns” has already been put out there.  But some small towns make it fun.  There is coolers in the parking lot and schnapps in the hot cocoa.  Some booster groups fire up a grill and you can get a really good burger or brat.  And still support your neighbors’ kids.

There are a lot of small towns that really enjoy Fridays outside of Texas.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

In small town Nebraska, high school football is still pretty important.  You may no longer have a kid on the team or work at the school but you do know the majority of those involved and have a vested community interest to support them.  

I don't mind a game a year on a Friday but I wouldn't want more than that.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand Nebraska football will be the main show on Fridays when they do play but it's going to be hard to bring kids in instead of a Saturday. I don't know why they made it that way but adapt and overcome.

The one Friday night game this year is a road game.  I think NU has let the Big Ten to not schedule conference games at home on Fridays, other than the day after Thanksgiving.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The one Friday night game this year is a road game.  I think NU has let the Big Ten to not schedule conference games at home on Fridays, other than the day after Thanksgiving.

You think Big Ten cares what Trev says about NU schedule. We do as we are told I’m sure.