Early Summer Season Predictions

Early Summer Season Prediction  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

Our wins and losses will be directly correlated to Raiola & Duval's ability to improve our OT play.....if they cannot block, everything else on the offensive side of the ball will suffer badly.  And just to beat a dead horse, as bad as the feet have been on our OL (Benhart, Banks, etc.), somebody needs to tell Duval to lay off the "squats for stats" BS and give them a skipping rope and double ladder to do foot speed-specific exercises for at least a few months.  To say both those kids have struggled with slow feet is a dramatic understatement....and that is totally on S&C to remedy.

OT play will definitely have an impact but to me ST is the wild card.  Good ST play can really make up for a lot of deficiencies in all other facets of the game.  I believe we will be an 8 or 9 win team with good special teams play.  A 6 or 7 win team with average play and a >6 win team if they perform poorly.  

• Plus1 1

I said 7-5 -   But until proven differently on the field, I could have said 5-7 almost as easily.  I got to think with this schedule, the investments in new coaches and the overhaul of our roster  it would be a disaster not to get to 7 wins min.  With this schedule he should get 8 wins.  BUT the schedule includes "cupcakes' :sarcasm that Frost hasn't beaten regularly. If Scott is 6-6 or less or by mid-October the trend is that way, then it is time to go in a new direction.  Heck, if Frost is 2-2 after the OU game - make the change.  Name AHC Joseph as interim coach and see what he can do.  I really want Frost to succeed - it would be a great story but the program must make immediate progress this year and it has to be evident from the get go. 

With the lack of an overhaul of the OL it appears Frost made the assumption that the problem wasn't talent but coaching.  I hope he is correct as the whole season rides on the success of that unit (and an improved ST unit).  

On 6/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, Hilltop said:

OT play will definitely have an impact but to me ST is the wild card.  Good ST play can really make up for a lot of deficiencies in all other facets of the game.  I believe we will be an 8 or 9 win team with good special teams play.  A 6 or 7 win team with average play and a >6 win team if they perform poorly.  

not expecting ST to go from worst to first.  just average would be a big help.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Comparing to January poll.  Someone needs to run another in mid-August.

5 or less wins - 24% January / 18% June

6-6 - 19% January / 16% June

7-5 - 16% January / 23% June

8-4 - 21% January / 35% June

9 or more wins - 20% January / 7% June

Not a surprise really.  Fewer highs and lows after the end of season blues subsided and realism tends to set in.  Mostly, though, a lot of weight (likely too much) being given to speculative gains from recruiting additions.  

i think some are forgetting all the departure losses too!   There are many holes to fill and too little experienced maturity on the team.  Miracles happen but not in cfb very often.  Luck could really help though.  I’m still hoping for about 6-6 with a bowl win.  It could go plus or minus 3 from there easily.  

I feel QB play (Casey, Chubba or even Logan) can get enough done to win 6 so that position is better than last year.  O line could be better but hard to even guess because haven’t seen anything. STs will certainly be better but I look for some ups and downs, early on especially - too many new faces to be very polished and error free.  WRs will be more productive (QBs will help).  RBs will also show better - at times - but unknowns abound. 
Defense filled some holes I believe and really could be best in Frost era IF - secondary play improves.