Which true freshmen won't redshirt this upcoming season?

I think the transfer portal will change this slightly going forward because you are trying to fill in gaps. Bonner and Allen are talented enough to see the field this year but we also got 3 portal WRs. At RB we also are set in the 3 man rotation and that wouldn't currently include Ervin or Stepp (someone could leave). 

So for this year I don't really see anyone who I would put my money on. 

• Plus1 2

Decoldest Crawford.

A lot of people are going with Bonner and I don't see it yet for him. Decoldest is one of the more ready made WRs Nebraska has signed in a while. He reminds me of Stanley Morgan jr but with a little more physical upside, and better separation skills. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand everybody thinks wr but with Marcus Washington, Oliver Martin, Alante Brown, Omar Manning, Trey Palmer, Brody Belt, Grimes i just don"t see it. Im not saying that they arent talented just the wr room is way stacked and unless someone gets hurt or decides to leave during fall camp then i think the freshman wr's sit and develop. 

My thoughts as well - thus my thinking Allen will be the most impactful freshman.  If the portal doesn't steal him away, I see him as our next great back - at least his potential points me to conclude that.  It has been a while since we've had a great back.  Time to make it happen.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My thoughts as well - thus my thinking Allen will be the most impactful freshman.  If the portal doesn't steal him away, I see him as our next great back - at least his potential points me to conclude that.  It has been a while since we've had a great back.  Time to make it happen.  

It was going to be Maurice Washington but he wasn't mature enough and you saw the repercussions from that when the whole team didn't want anything to do with him when he sat on the sidelines by himself which caused SF and the whole team more stress that year.

35 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Grant or Yanz could be our next great back. Rahmir just doesn't have the size to be our every down back. Yanz can bc he has the size just needs to stay within playing weight and Grant well alot of people wrote the young man off and see how that turned out he just didn't become the number 1 juco rb ranked bc he didnt produce.

I do think Grant will be a great back, however, I was thinking of someone we recruited and became great within the system.  Grant's juco #s are why I think Grant will be the starter and hold the position all year if he stays healthy.  His juco #s are worthy of respect. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I do think Grant will be a great back, however, I was thinking of someone we recruited and became great within the system.  Grant's juco #s are why I think Grant will be the starter and hold the position all year if he stays healthy.  His juco #s are worthy of respect. 

There are a lot of ifs with Yantz but if he can put it all together, he could be one of the great ones.  

• Fire 1
25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Totally get your point the thing with Grant is he has to produce right away bc he only has 2 years until he's done. That's alot like the rest of the transfers they brought in which i think everyone understands its business not pleasure of just playing. Most are playing to get into the NFL