B1G Media Days - July 26-27

ACC is the only 'Middle 3' conference that still has all of their top brands intact, but they need to get off their asses and make some moves if they want to stay that way.

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

What a crazy article, It made it sound like Frost stood on stage for a minute with a scowl on his face and refused to talk.  He walked up, she asked if he wanted to make a statement, he smiled and said let’s go to questions. 

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, nic said:

I wonder who the sources are that listed the teams. I can't see Stanford or Cal bringing value on there own. Not as much as Oregon, FSU or Miami. I am surprised NC is missing.

Ya, especially with being meeting the AAU requirement.  Love to have the Tarheels.

Shatel claims, 

Frost then walked up to the microphone and stood there. A Big Ten staffer whose job is to call on the media for questions looked at him, expecting the coach to say something.

People are also reading…
McKewon: Kevin Warren, Kirk's Smirk, Hurry-Up Huskers and more Big Ten storylines
Seven Nebraska walk-ons to watch this season
Big Ten Recruiting Scoreboard: While East teams tumble, Nebraska makes its move
Sheryl Crow, family-friendly fun bring thousands to Memorial Park concert
Nothing.

Not a hello or welcome to the media and Big Ten officials at the event. Not words of enthusiasm about the 2022 season and the team, full of new players and assistants. A coach who is excited about the chance to make things right.

Perhaps a word about his role as head coach going forward, and the renewed vision in place.

After a long silence, Frost was asked if he wanted to make an opening statement or just go to questions. 

Finally, Frost said, let’s take questions.

It was 4 seconds, Tom.

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, nic said:

I wonder who the sources are that listed the teams. I can't see Stanford or Cal bringing value on there own. Not as much as Oregon, FSU or Miami. I am surprised NC is missing.

Stanford and Cal bring the San Fran market. Plus Stanford brings HUGE academic standing and research and would help bring ND (most of the teams they play would be in the BIG). The BIG does still put some emphasis on academics, unlike some other conferences.  

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Shatel claims, 

It was 4 seconds, Tom.

This whole issue is stupid. A week ago, everyone thought Mike Leach was awesome because his opening comments were 7 words long.  Now, we have media in Nebraska trying their hardest to create controversy over this 4 seconds. 

Tom needs to try real hard to write something fans care about. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1