B1G Media Days - July 26-27

Just now, admo said:

And Ohio State was a real s#!tty team that year.  Like 7-6.  No sweater vest as  coach, and it was a year before Urban Meyer.

It was the perfect storm  lmbo

They're weren't a s#!tty team. They were extremely talented, but Fickell and Co were not ready to steer that ship without Tressle.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

They're weren't a s#!tty team. They were extremely talented, but Fickell and Co were not ready to steer that ship without Tressle.

They were so awful.  They were 6-7, Ohio State!  That is a losing record sir, and they were s#!tty.  

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I mean it was an absolutely pathetic showing the first half and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd. I think I remember it was also raining at one point. It looked like another patented Pelini blowout. Miller was doing his best Vince young, RB broke a long TD run, TE had a decent catch and run for TD, and we couldn't sniff the end zone. David's strip providers huge spark, but let's not kid ourselves if Miller didn't get hurt we lose that game easily.

And it was still poor form that so many people left the game.  We were pretty decent the previous two years, were 4-1 and rated #14 in the country.  It's not like we were a cellar-dweller.  And they missed maybe the best game the Huskers have played in the past 20 years.  AFTER THEY WERE ALREADY THERE.  THEY DIDN"T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STICK AROUND FOR ANOTHER HOUR.  That's pretty bad.

It's easy to say we would have lost if Miller doesn't get hurt but I'm not so sure.  Ohio State came out hot, jumping out to a 17-0 lead.  But we had slowed them down pretty good after that.  We forced two straight three-and-outs then they got a field goal right before the half off a Martinez interception.  They did score one more TD - where they started the drive in our territory - before David's strip, which was on third down.  Then It was going to be 3rd & 8 after Miller got tackled for a loss and got hurt.  So there was a decent chance we would have stopped that drive, even if he says in the game.  If Miller stayed in the game and they don't convert there, we scored on the next possession to make it 27-20.  So we were right in that game even before they had to go to Bauserman. 

And for all the crap Bauserman got for his passing, it's not like Miller was lighting us up through the air.  Miller had only had 95 yards passing through two-and-a-half quarters before getting hurt, and a third of that was on one play.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

That is because you think all the other coaches at every other school don't say that stuff too.  But they do, s#!t you should see it at the HS level when we get an email from a parent...

I think they are all smart enough to either not say it out loud or not get recorded.

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess the easy way to think about it is this...at your work at any job you have ever had, have you ever b!^@hed about "the customer" 

That is what Bo was doing and then later, wait for it, this will be super hard to believe as well...later he b!^@hed about his boss!

If I was stupid enough to go on a rant b!^@hing about my boss or the customer, I'd get fired. And I'm a software engineer, not getting paid millions to be the face of a football program. Not screaming like a maniac about the boss and customers in front of multiple people seems like a pretty low bar to clear for a multi-million dollar position.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think they are all smart enough to either not say it out loud or not get recorded.

If I was stupid enough to go on a rant b!^@hing about my boss or the customer, I'd get fired. And I'm a software engineer, not getting paid millions to be the face of a football program. Not screaming like a maniac about the boss and customers in front of multiple people seems like a pretty low bar to clear for a multi-million dollar position.

Ha...yeah.  This is my point which you clearly agree with.  We all b!^@h, at times, about the customer or our boss.

Most of us are just not being secretly recorded.  

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, admo said:

You bring up the greatest point that doesn't get mentioned.  If Miller does not get carted off the field, we lose that game.

Inserting Bauserman is like inserting the Huskets QB Bunch.

Braxton Miller stays in game healthy, and there is no "greatest comeback ever yo!" and we lose by 30+.............(and no Bo tape scandal)

Probably but that is not all that fair.  I mean, dudes getting hurt happens.  

You could say "If the NU DB had picked off that pass and taken it back for a TD instead of letting the OSU WR catch it for 6, well, that would have changed things"

It is not like Miller hurt himself at halftime drinking some water. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, admo said:

They were so awful.  They were 6-7, Ohio State!  That is a losing record sir, and they were s#!tty.  

It was still a very talented team. Coaching was not good. You don't bookend that season with 12 wins before/after and not be a very talented team.

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

And it was still poor form that so many people left the game.  We were pretty decent the previous two years, were 4-1 and rated #14 in the country.  It's not like we were a cellar-dweller.  And they missed maybe the best game the Huskers have played in the past 20 years.  AFTER THEY WERE ALREADY THERE.  THEY DIDN"T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STICK AROUND FOR ANOTHER HOUR.  That's pretty bad.

It's easy to say we would have lost if Miller doesn't get hurt but I'm not so sure.  Ohio State came out hot, jumping out to a 17-0 lead.  But we had slowed them down pretty good after that.  We forced two straight three-and-outs then they got a field goal right before the half off a Martinez interception.  They did score one more TD - where they started the drive in our territory - before David's strip, which was on third down.  Then It was going to be 3rd & 8 after Miller got tackled for a loss and got hurt.  So there was a decent chance we would have stopped that drive, even if he says in the game.  If Miller stayed in the game and they don't convert there, we scored on the next possession to make it 27-20.  So we were right in that game even before they had to go to Bauserman. 

And for all the crap Bauserman got for his passing, it's not like Miller was lighting us up through the air.  Miller had only had 95 yards passing through two-and-a-half quarters before getting hurt, and a third of that was on one play.

I wanted to leave. It was a garbage performance, but I'm the fool who stayed for the whole USC debacle. People who left, left. It's their right because they paid for the ticket. Bo just found the perfect thing to b!^@h about because of his us against the world (fans included in the world) mentality.

Miller was killing us extending drives with his legs. It was never his arm that made him dangerous. He was a decent enough passer, but he could kill you with his legs (he had 91 yards on the ground before he went out). All tOSU had to do was manage the game with Miller; extend a drive and score one more TD and they come out with a win. Pretty plausible if he stayed healthy. Not to mention Bo never had an answer for mobile QBs.

It's all conjecture of course, and it was an awesome win regardless of the circumstances.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Probably but that is not all that fair.  I mean, dudes getting hurt happens.  

You could say "If the NU DB had picked off that pass and taken it back for a TD instead of letting the OSU WR catch it for 6, well, that would have changed things"

It is not like Miller hurt himself at halftime drinking some water. 

Dudes get hurt. Kickers miss field goals. Everybody complains about the could-shoulda-wouldas. That's sports. Hell Husker fans lover to complain about all the stuff that could have gone another way to give us 2 to 4 more Natty's.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Dudes get hurt. Kickers miss field goals. Everybody complains about the could-shoulda-wouldas. That's sports. Hell Husker fans lover to complain about all the stuff that could have gone another way to give us 2 to 4 more Natty's.

Yep!

It is amazing that Frost gets blamed and attacked for running AM and AM getting hurt...

But when OSU runs Miller non-stop and he gets hurt, it is just bad luck.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha...yeah.  This is my point which you clearly agree with.  We all b!^@h, at times, about the customer or our boss.

Are you under the impression that most of us go on a screaming tirade about our customer or boss? I've never even considered doing that. 

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Most of us are just not being secretly recorded.  

Wasn't Bo in a recording studio at the time? I don't think it was much of a secret.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
On 7/28/2022 at 6:37 AM, Gage County said:

Bo got Bo fired.

I guess this is where I am at on the subject.  You can't have complete contempt for your bosses.  No matter how incompetent you may feel they are.  Bosses don't like that and they will get rid of you.  I was actually very surprised he made it past 2013 and the almost hitting a ref with my hat incident. 

Bo didn't win enough to get to act like that big of a d!(k in public to people.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Are you under the impression that most of us go on a screaming tirade about our customer or boss? I've never even considered doing that. 

Wasn't Bo in a recording studio at the time? I don't think it was much of a secret.

I am 200% under the impression that every worker ever has b!^@hed about their boss and or costumer, yes. 

You have never been talking with your friends and b!^@hed about work?  Never?

We could start a "b!^@h about work" thread and by the end of the week there would be 20 pages and 1000 replies. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am 200% under the impression that every worker ever has b!^@hed about their boss and or costumer, yes. 

You have never been talking with your friends and b!^@hed about work?  Never?

You have a costumer?! How many costumes do you own? 

• Haha 2