B1G Media Days - July 26-27

I am not even saying Bo was "right", I am just saying that everyone b!^@hes about some aspect of their job.

What do you think Frost's response was when Trev said "Yeah, so you need to walk out on the field with your wife and kid because fans think you are f#&%ing coeds"

Do you think Frost was like "Gee wililkers, what a great idea!"

Orrrrr...do you think he was like "Seriously, these f#&%ing loser fans need to get a f#&%ing life, what a bunch of f#&%ing clowns"

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am 200% under the impression that every worker ever has b!^@hed about their boss and or costumer, yes. 

You have never been talking with your friends and b!^@hed about work?  Never?

We could start a "b!^@h about work" thread and by the end of the week there would be 20 pages and 1000 replies. 

image.jpeg.cd5e939c06cba082365a4a76eb9da094.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Are you under the impression that most of us go on a screaming tirade about our customer or boss? I've never even considered doing that. 

Wasn't Bo in a recording studio at the time? I don't think it was much of a secret.

This really made me laugh, thank you for this.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am not even saying Bo was "right", I am just saying that everyone b!^@hes about some aspect of their job.

What do you think Frost's response was when Trev said "Yeah, so you need to walk out on the field with your wife and kid because fans think you are f#&%ing coeds"

Do you think Frost was like "Gee wililkers, what a great idea!"

Orrrrr...do you think he was like "Seriously, these f#&%ing loser fans need to get a f#&%ing life, what a bunch of f#&%ing clowns"

Are you just spreading rumors so you can complain about people spreading rumors after Frost gets fired?

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you just spreading rumors so you can complain about people spreading rumors after Frost gets fired?

Ha! Not at all!

Why do you think Frost had to walk out with his wife and kid...who no one ever sees in public, a week after radio jocks started "speculating" that he was banging coeds and that his wife was leaving him.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This one's new to me.  :dunno

Yeah, that rumor was all over the radio here (omaha), last year, like it was really over the top for about 3-4 days and it was all really cloak and dagger (great movie), with callers calling in to say stuff about it and the radio guys doing the old "well...I am not going to confirm anything but.."

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

It was still a very talented team. Coaching was not good. You don't bookend that season with 12 wins before/after and not be a very talented team.

I wanted to leave. It was a garbage performance, but I'm the fool who stayed for the whole USC debacle. People who left, left. It's their right because they paid for the ticket. Bo just found the perfect thing to b!^@h about because of his us against the world (fans included in the world) mentality.

Miller was killing us extending drives with his legs. It was never his arm that made him dangerous. He was a decent enough passer, but he could kill you with his legs (he had 91 yards on the ground before he went out). All tOSU had to do was manage the game with Miller; extend a drive and score one more TD and they come out with a win. Pretty plausible if he stayed healthy. Not to mention Bo never had an answer for mobile QBs.

It's all conjecture of course, and it was an awesome win regardless of the circumstances.

You are probably most likely right @ZRod and @Mavric and @teachercd

It was a long time ago, they played well, Huskers were fighters, and I'm sure the bars loved the action with Bo as HC (every week).  It's all good, and just stuff from a long time ago.  I really don't care anymore.

Part of the context that this conversation is missing surrounding the hot mic leaked audio is, well, the context.

Sure, we all b!^@h about customers sometimes, or about our bosses. But usually that b!^@hing happens after really bad experiences, or in bad environments.

Bo's comments, while being overblown and not being as big of a deal as people wanted to make it out to be, do still speak to his mindset. He just led our team to the biggest comeback in school history, against his alma mater, and after getting blownout by Wisconsin and avoiding an 0-2 conference start. He had every reason and opportunity to be happy and/or excited and/or proud as his general mood - instead he couldn't help but be bitter and pissy towards a small subset of fans.

That's who he is, and that's why he had a ceiling, got fired, and isn't a coach anyone wants anymore. He didn't say anything outrageously unreasonable or shocking, but it's one data point among many that show him to be a vindictive a$$h@!e looking for slights instead of rising above them.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
43 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Part of the context that this conversation is missing surrounding the hot mic leaked audio is, well, the context.

Sure, we all b!^@h about customers sometimes, or about our bosses. But usually that b!^@hing happens after really bad experiences, or in bad environments.

Bo's comments, while being overblown and not being as big of a deal as people wanted to make it out to be, do still speak to his mindset. He just led our team to the biggest comeback in school history, against his alma mater, and after getting blownout by Wisconsin and avoiding an 0-2 conference start. He had every reason and opportunity to be happy and/or excited and/or proud as his general mood - instead he couldn't help but be bitter and pissy towards a small subset of fans.

That's who he is, and that's why he had a ceiling, got fired, and isn't a coach anyone wants anymore. He didn't say anything outrageously unreasonable or shocking, but it's one data point among many that show him to be a vindictive a$$h@!e looking for slights instead of rising above them.

That’s what always stuck out to me about that. Not really that he complained about f’n fairweather fans but that he did it after a great comeback victory. If he couldn’t be happy and enjoy that moment, well he was never going to. I miss the 9 wins but I don’t miss him or his attitude that 9 was good enough so eff all you.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s what always stuck out to me about that. Not really that he complained about f’n fairweather fans but that he did it after a great comeback victory. If he couldn’t be happy and enjoy that moment, well he was never going to. I miss the 9 wins but I don’t miss him or his attitude that 9 was good enough so eff all you.

I think that was him being happy.

• Haha 2