B1G Media Days - July 26-27

He's a really good man IMO.  He just has football issues with stuff and emotions.  He coached, but it was like he wanted to play and be on the field.  (Although I hated it when he had a little lead, and ran down the clock the entire 4th quarter while looking up at the clock to tick away, NFL style.  It will get you a win, but Not exactly college football fun IMO).  

But I would gladly have a slice of pizza and talk football with him every day of the week.

• Plus1 2

On 8/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, NUinID said:

You can't have complete contempt for your bosses.  No matter how incompetent you may feel they are.  Bosses don't like that and they will get rid of you. 

Bo loved Osborne! It was Perlman that was the problem. And Bo has said he that he thought Osborne had earned the right to have some say in who his successor as AD would be, but of course Perlman said f#&% that. And so Bo went from having a boss who actually understood what it was like to be the head football coach at a school like Nebraska to Perlman's gimp who was worried about energy vampires and later thought Bob Diaco was the best coach on campus. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/1/2022 at 10:40 AM, NUinID said:

You can't have complete contempt for your bosses.  No matter how incompetent you may feel they are.  Bosses don't like that and they will get rid of you.

I mean ... the boss is the boss.  But if the boss is actively trying to get rid of you (for years), I don't know how you don't have contempt for your boss.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Toe said:

Bo loved Osborne! It was Perlman that was the problem. And Bo has said he that he thought Osborne had earned the right to have some say in who his successor as AD would be, but of course Perlman said f#&% that. And so Bo went from having a boss who actually understood what it was like to be the head football coach at a school like Nebraska to Perlman's gimp who was worried about energy vampires and later thought Bob Diaco was the best coach on campus. 

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... the boss is the boss.  But if the boss is actively trying to get rid of you (for years), I don't know how you don't have contempt for your boss.

My point really isn't whether BP was right or wrong.  But in life you can't really get away with the way BP treated people he didn't like for ever. It will catch up with you 

I haven't lived in Nebraska or the Midwest since 2011.  The overall impression I get from people with a little bit of football knowledge about Nebraska historically and BP is that despite his record at Nebraska he was viewed as a pretty big a$$.  They really didn't understand why Nebraska held onto him even as long as they did.  His public persona away from Nebraska and the Midwest is of an out of control a$$ hole.  

• Plus1 2