B1G Media Days - July 26-27

25 minutes ago, nic said:

I have always liked NW and coach Fitz. Funny how 3 wins doesn’t make your seat hot when you coach at NW. The best job security in the Big10.

He's proven he can coach.  109-90 in 16+ years,  10 bowls and 2 division titles. He's earned some down seasons, but yes it's still NW.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, runningblind said:

He's proven he can coach.  109-90 in 16+ years,  10 bowls and 2 division titles. He's earned some down seasons, but yes it's still NW.

Yes NW will never be a so called powerhouse program but through out the years they have been a respectable program. A program that is going to draw some talent but more likely then not has to develop more then anything. Its like all the so called bottom tier teams in the big 10 there are no guarantees anymore. You want your program to succeed go out and execute. If Northwestern were to fire Fritz that would be a dumb move. Theirs success and what they have accomplished is certainly bc of him coaching.

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes NW will never be a so called powerhouse program but through out the years they have been a respectable program. A program that is going to draw some talent but more likely then not has to develop more then anything. Its like all the so called bottom tier teams in the big 10 there are no guarantees anymore. You want your program to succeed go out and execute. If Northwestern were to fire Fritz that would be a dumb move. Theirs success and what they have accomplished is certainly bc of him coaching.

Gary Barnett turned that program round and Walker /Fritz continued the success. NW was the Big Ten Doormat when I was growing up. Automatic win. I think they had five 7+ win seasons between 1931 and when Barnett showed up in 1991. In a few years, he got them to the Rose Bowl. A lot of credit goes to Fitz for keeping that program together when Walker died. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I'm amused by this take that leaking the audio was what got things going instead of it being what the guy who got recorded said.

That is because you think all the other coaches at every other school don't say that stuff too.  But they do, s#!t you should see it at the HS level when we get an email from a parent...

I guess the easy way to think about it is this...at your work at any job you have ever had, have you ever b!^@hed about "the customer" 

That is what Bo was doing and then later, wait for it, this will be super hard to believe as well...later he b!^@hed about his boss!

He is totally the only person who has ever done that!

He did not really hate the fans...he hated how annoying things were with the fans.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He did not really hate the fans...he hated how annoying things were with the fans.

One of the most over-blown complaints in Husker history.  People - who don't like Bo - tried to make it sound like he was complaining about ALL fans.  It's extremely obvious from the rest of the recording that he was talking about the fans that left early from ... wait for it ... THE BIGGEST COMEBACK IN SCHOOL HISTORY.  

Basically the same thing as complaining about who released the recording instead of what was recorded: Complaining about the guy telling it like it is instead of agreeing that the fans that left were pretty foolish.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

One of the most over-blown complaints in Husker history.  People - who don't like Bo - tried to make it sound like he was complaining about ALL fans.  It's extremely obvious from the rest of the recording that he was talking about the fans that left early from ... wait for it ... THE BIGGEST COMEBACK IN SCHOOL HISTORY.  

Basically the same thing as complaining about who released the recording instead of what was recorded: Complaining about the guy telling it like it is instead of agreeing that the fans that left were pretty foolish.

If anything, in my opinion, he acted like most of us would.  It was basically a big "I told you so" to those fans, not all of them, the annoying ones.

And the dude that released the tape is like a bitter Ex who sends out the nudes he got from his former girlfriend.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is because you think all the other coaches at every other school don't say that stuff too.  But they do, s#!t you should see it at the HS level when we get an email from a parent...

I guess the easy way to think about it is this...at your work at any job you have ever had, have you ever b!^@hed about "the customer" 

That is what Bo was doing and then later, wait for it, this will be super hard to believe as well...later he b!^@hed about his boss!

He is totally the only person who has ever done that!

Bo is a cool a$$ dude, as a normal person.  I wish the TV cam/producers didn't always show him so much during games (he was a bit childish and jerkish on the sidelines). 

I think he ran a team on his emotions, and a team can only go so far that way.  

I think it was ultimately that (an 7-8 win coach who got 9), and his inability to talk with teh media (and their stupid questions leading up their answers) did him in.  Plus it felt like it was time.  9 wins didn't feel like 9 wins "yay".

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

A good way to have taken care of that problem would have been not to acted so "childish and jerkish on the sidelines".

Yes, and agreed.  And ESPN & FOX had a steady cam on him ("roll to Pellini, cam 5!") - was probably said 20x a game.  Some games you only see a guy like Kirk Ferentz 3 times.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean it was an absolutely pathetic showing the first half and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd. I think I remember it was also raining at one point. It looked like another patented Pelini blowout. Miller was doing his best Vince young, RB broke a long TD run, TE had a decent catch and run for TD, and we couldn't sniff the end zone. David's strip providers huge spark, but let's not kid ourselves if Miller didn't get hurt we lose that game easily.

• Fire 1
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean it was an absolutely pathetic showing the first half and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd. I think I remember it was also raining at one point. It looked like another patented Pelini blowout. Miller was doing his best Vince young, RB broke a long TD run, TE had a decent catch and run for TD, and we couldn't sniff the end zone. David's strip providers huge spark, but let's not kid ourselves if Miller didn't get hurt, we lose that game easily.

You bring up the greatest point that doesn't get mentioned.  If Miller does not get carted off the field, we lose that game.

Inserting Bauserman is like inserting the Huskets QB Bunch.

Braxton Miller stays in game healthy, and there is no "greatest comeback ever yo!" and we lose by 30+.............(and no Bo tape scandal)