What is your biggest concern for 2022?

***PUBLIC POLL***  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the defense is going to be better than people are saying.  Presumably the kicking game has been resolved, but perhaps we shouldn't presume that.  I feel good about the  QB situation.   My biggest concern is the offensive line.  I still have questions there. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Psychological. 

I think we've had talent for several seasons, and every phase has had its moments, but collectively they've forgotten how to win. 

There have been enough changes to give me hope. 

Oh yeah. And special teams. It's almost impossible for that to get worse. The continuous lack of attention to special teams has been a bad look for Frost and bleeds into the rest of the team. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Psychological. 

I think we've had talent for several seasons, and every phase has had its moments, but collectively they've forgotten how to win. 

Oh yeah. And special teams. It's almost impossible for that to get worse. The continuous lack of attention to special teams has been a bad look for Frost and bleeds into the rest of the team. 

The bold is sadly not a true statement anymore.  Almost anyone at the school currently has never known how to win, especially not in this conference,  (before anyone jumps on me about Frosty's 13-0 season ask yourself again how that translated to the Big Ten). This group has to learn how to win in the first place which is more difficult. 

As for the OP, I would have said both lines but you just listed the entire defense. I picked O line but I'm very concerned about both lines. One guy who started at Tech, some P5 backups and a dude from UNC aren't a guaranteed fix by any stretch of the imagination in the second best conference in the land. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

As for the OP, I would have said both lines but you just listed the entire defense. I picked O line but I'm very concerned about both lines.  One guy who started at Tech, some P5 backups and a dude from UNC aren't a guaranteed fix by any stretch of the imagination in the second best conference in the land. 

Could be, we'll see how many people write in defensive line.

Personally I really like having Nelson and Mathis on the edges.  Could end up being a strong point on the roster.

The inside is more of a question mark.  Drew and Wynn help alleviate my concerns there a bit.  I'd at least give Wynn the credit of being an Alabama backup.  Which is quite a bit different than your run-of-the-mill P5 backup.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Could be, we'll see how many people write in defensive line.

Personally I really like having Nelson and Mathis on the edges.  Could end up being a strong point on the roster.

The inside is more of a question mark.  Drew and Wynn help alleviate my concerns there a bit.  I'd at least give Wynn the credit of being an Alabama backup.  Which is quite a bit different than your run-of-the-mill P5 backup.

The inside is my concern as well.  It all comes down to being able to stop the run, because if we can't that neutralizes the pass rush quite a bit.  Being a Bama backup means the talent should be there, but the guy still basically hasn't played much college football so we shall see. 

Riola had better be the second coming and shock the world, because outside of his hire we did next to nothing to address an immediate and glaring need. Putting the disaster that was special teams on the back burner, Oline was our biggest liability.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m most concerned that we will ultimately see more of the same of the past 4 years.  I think Whipple may be the best hire, even though Mickey has the pub.  Will Whip get to change things or not?   No slight to MJ but my focus is on how the overall team is led by SF and the game plans and schemes are still his responsibility.  He can replace the staff but if he’s in charge and pays attention to practices and meetings.   Whipple will do as directed, as will the other coaches and staff, as did those who came before.  

So, my concern is whether Frost will finally prove he’s up to the task of HC at DONU.  He’s said and done some good things and done nothing to embarrass NU, except put poor product on the field, consistently.  There is very little differences between the first four teams imo.  Staff changes and player replacements won’t mean much if the HC is not willing to try a new approach.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m most concerned that we will ultimately see more of the same of the past 4 years.  I think Whipple may be the best hire, even though Mickey has the pub.  Will Whip get to change things or not?   No slight to MJ but my focus is on how the overall team is led by SF and the game plans and schemes are still his responsibility.  He can replace the staff but if he’s in charge and pays attention to practices and meetings.   Whipple will do as directed, as will the other coaches and staff, as did those who came before.  

So, my concern is whether Frost will finally prove he’s up to the task of HC at DONU.  He’s said and done some good things and done nothing to embarrass NU, except put poor product on the field, consistently.  There is very little differences between the first four teams imo.  Staff changes and player replacements won’t mean much if the HC is not willing to try a new approach.  

Year four, there were no blowouts. I get it they were still losses and very frustrating, but the fact is they were close in every loss was different than the previous three seasons. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Psychological. 

This ^^^

I voted other and Guy stated why perfectly. This team has forgotten how to win (and/or has never known how to win).  Seeing if they can solve that one is my biggest concern.

Offensive line, and it's not even close. This team will be exactly as good as its O-line allows it to be.

Special teams were a disaster last year, but it was also kinda flukey. Like no one was expecting the defending B1G kicker of the year to get the yips.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The new approach was hiring some of the better recruiters out there.

I just saved you about 8 paragraphs with that nugget.

• Oh Yeah! 1