What is your biggest concern for 2022?

***PUBLIC POLL***  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

How is Mickey Joseph at recruiting offensive lineman? All those WR won't matter a bit without vast improvement there.

While I am not saying that Raiola can turn last years line into an all Big ten quality group , I do think there are improvements that can be made with a more aggressive style. Making the run game serviceable would go a long way to improving our offense. Keeping at least a few defenders off the QB till he can pass the ball would be a step up.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

18 hours ago, ZRod said:

Riola had better be the second coming and shock the world, because outside of his hire we did next to nothing to address an immediate and glaring need. Putting the disaster that was special teams on the back burner, Online was our biggest liability.

Not that they were great pick ups but we did take in Kevin Williams and Anthony Hunter. Both are fighting for a starting spot and at least are both good backups. 

If we can get the ball through the goal posts and not turn it over as much we'll at least win 6-8 games.  It's not like the offensive linemen were the only ones holding us back the last 4 years.

That being said, I do agree with the consensus they're the biggest question mark going into the season.  They'll probably be the weakest link in the chain.

I disagree with the view that strengthening other parts of the chain won't make any difference at all.

• Plus1 1

We should retitle and rerun this poll for biggest concern after o line as thats gonna be the clear number 1.

for me- it’s offensive identity/play calling.  Improvement in how we call plays and establishing what we’re good at early and consistently will tremendously help the o line and all position groups. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 6/18/2022 at 11:20 PM, TheSker said:

The new approach was hiring some of the better recruiters out there.

I just saved you about 8 paragraphs with that nugget.

We have already had more talent that our opponents and look what it’s gotten us. We have lacked development. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but the only coach that you would question is Raiola

We might as well say that the offensive line is concern #1 and Raiola is #1a, since he's such an unknown quantity.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I would have said "Frost not giving a f*** about special teams for the fifth season in a row" until we brought in Bill Busch as a full time coordinator for that spot.

Now it's probably just having four new offensive coaches trying to implement new things in one offseason.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

I would have said "Frost not giving a f*** about special teams for the fifth season in a row" until we brought in Bill Busch as a full time coordinator for that spot.

Now it's probably just having four new offensive coaches trying to implement new things in one offseason.

He did get caught cheating...  I think he cared but just didn't have the right approach.  Hopefully Bill is the answer.