What is your biggest concern for 2022?

***PUBLIC POLL***  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was holding out some hope the offensive line would show a bit of improvement.  But it's going to be bad again, isn't it?

It's really one of the position groups I though would flourish under Frost.   Still hard to believe how bad it's gotten.

It didn't become known as "The Pipeline" for almost 20 years under Osborne.

Frost is fully aware of the importance, thus the coaching change after 4 seasons.

Again, message board drama.

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, TheSker said:

Frost is fully aware of the importance, thus the coaching change after 4 seasons.

Stop sullying the good name of Tom Osborne by comparing him to Frost.

This agression will not stand, man.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

@The Dude I agree with you about quarterback.  I feel very confident in CT. 

Also agree with you on addressing the kicking/punting/ST game.  Looking good there.

My biggest concern is Inside Linebacker depth, and replacing the production of JoJo Doman.

No matter what anyone says, G Nelson is a DE and not a linebacker.  I have watched the games over and over.  He only lines up against an Offensive Tackle.  Don't watch games like Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin because you won't notice contributions there.

The top 3 tacklers from last year - Reimer, Henrich, Doman.  It's not even close after that.  And LR and HH have to provide coverage in the flat (Like JoJo did as well).  Can they take the punishment each week and remain healthy?  I worry there isn't a lot of depth to keep them healthy and fresh. They are the most important part of the defense (DLine gums up the line, ILB have to make the plays.  That is Chins defense.  If they are being blocked or miss a tackle, safeties have to get involved there.  And we've seen how that hasn't gone very well)

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, admo said:

@The Dude I agree with you about quarterback.  I feel very confident in CT. 

Also agree with you on addressing the kicking/punting/ST game.  Looking good there.

My biggest concern is Inside Linebacker depth, and replacing the production of JoJo Doman.

No matter what anyone says, G Nelson is a DE and not a linebacker.  I have watched the games over and over.  He only lines up against an Offensive Tackle.  Don't watch games like Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin because you won't notice contributions there.

The top 3 tacklers from last year - Reimer, Henrich, Doman.  It's not even close after that.  And LR and HH have to provide coverage in the flat (Like JoJo did as well).  Can they take the punishment each week and remain healthy?  I worry there isn't a lot of depth to keep them healthy and fresh. They are the most important part of the defense (DLine gums up the line, ILB have to make the plays.  That is Chins defense.  If they are being blocked or miss a tackle, safeties have to get involved there.  And we've seen how that hasn't gone very well)

Be it injury or what Ruud hasn’t developed much depth there. Too many flyers. Too many skinny bodies. Flat out projecting guys wrong at ILB/OLB. He got lucky with Reimer. Not a good recruiter. Pretty meh on him. 

• Plus1 2
On 6/25/2022 at 9:29 PM, TheSker said:

Yes. We get it. Frost had four years to improve the offensive line, and knowing how badly it was going you think he panicked and threw one of his coaches under the bus. 

Stop blaming Frost!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1