K/P Simon McClannan [Kansas State PWO Commit]

Mavric

50 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Because he was so convinced by everyone in his circle that he absolutely deserved a schollie... when Nebraska didn't offer it he did what so many young kids still in HS do, they rebel and say screw you, I'll show you!!! 

That...and, we have three punters on the roster and all of them are sophomores.  I don't know how KSU's roster is, but that doesn't bode well for him coming in and getting on the field early.  And..one of those punters is supposed to be very good.

It's all good here.  I will simply hope for the day that we lose out on an edge rusher because we already have three sophomores and one of them is gonna be really good.  :-)  For all of the "we are only one player away" comments, this isn't a position of concern for me and I can get how this kid choose another option.  

18 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It's all good here.  I will simply hope for the day that we lose out on an edge rusher because we already have three sophomores and one of them is gonna be really good.  :-)  For all of the "we are only one player away" comments, this isn't a position of concern for me and I can get how this kid choose another option.  

Awesome.  Great job in over exaggerating my comment.

Hmmm.....Edge rusher.  A position where two are on the field at all times on defense and injuries happen regularly.  Coaches also need to sub in and out depending on if players are gassed or not.  Because of all that, a team needs good depth.

Compared to a position where one player typically has the job all year with no subing (unless he's struggling) and injuries are rare.  I wonder how many punters a team typically tries to have on the roster.

And.....I believe it's pretty rare that a kicker leaves early for the NFL.

45 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Someone is a Debbie Downer!! That or woke up on the wrong side this morning :)