Nebraska vs Oklahoma Simulation 2022

I saw this recently on YouTube. Kind of laughable that it shows Casey Thompson frequently running the option like his father. Who comes up with this stuff? We at least all know that Wipple will rarely, if ever, run the option. I think we are all in agreement that while Casey maybe a little better than average as a runner, he will not be an option QB. Who makes up these simulations?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

He probably won't run the option but one of the biggest reasons he came here is that Nebraska will feature him in the run game more than Texas did. So who knows. Expecially with some of the speed we have now and the ability of our TE"s on delay pass options. He is a significantly better passer on the run than anyone we have had at the position in 30 years. Traditional option. No. But a rollout with Washington on the boundary and Vokelek over the top or break out running down the seam depending on what the OLB does. As a kind of modified knife combo with the x receiver running a post to the void to bind the Strong Safety. Depending on how the defense reacts determines if the RB is there to take a delayed handoff or to shoot ahead to block for the QB. There's a number of things you can layer into that over the year to mess with defenses.

You could have a lot of fun with the pieces we have. A whole lot. Last year the DC got to have fun this year the OC does. And if Raiola is having a good time Whipple will be having the time of his life. And that's saying something with the group he had last year.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I saw this recently on YouTube. Kind of laughable that it shows Casey Thompson frequently running the option like his father. Who comes up with this stuff? We at least all know that Wipple will rarely, if ever, run the option. I think we are all in agreement that while Casey maybe a little better than average as a runner, he will not be an option QB.

Says who? Sark doesn't QB runs in his system, but that's irrelevant here. What do you think Thompson grew up running? And the running game is still going to be mainly Frost's system, not Whipple's. He might not run the option as often as his dad, but so what?

4 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

He probably won't run the option but one of the biggest reasons he came here is that Nebraska will feature him in the run game more than Texas did. So who knows. Expecially with some of the speed we have now and the ability of our TE"s on delay pass options. He is a significantly better passer on the run than anyone we have had at the position in 30 years. Traditional option. No. But a rollout with Washington on the boundary and Vokelek over the top or break out running down the seam depending on what the OLB does. As a kind of modified knife combo with the x receiver running a post to the void to bind the Strong Safety. Depending on how the defense reacts determines if the RB is there to take a delayed handoff or to shoot ahead to block for the QB. There's a number of things you can layer into that over the year to mess with defenses.

You could have a lot of fun with the pieces we have. A whole lot. Last year the DC got to have fun this year the OC does. And if Raiola is having a good time Whipple will be having the time of his life. And that's saying something with the group he had last year.

Is this actually true?  I was somewhat under the impression that even frosty was turning a page on the feature the running qb thing as we're now on year 12 of having a qb dinged up at somepoint in the season from running too much.  Sure, milton had his scrambling moments at UCF but I dont recall the level of qb designed runs like we saw with 2am the past 4 years.  

Perhaps I missed something but I really thought whipple coming in was gonna transition us to more of a traditional qb role on the offense with occasionally sprinkling in some running plays that frosts likes with all the misdirections and lateral movement he likes. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Pedro G said:

We at least all know that Wipple will rarely, if ever, run the option. 

No we don't. Frost is still the coach, and he's not gonna easily let an entire year of dutifully studying coastal carolina's orbit motion option scheme fall completely by the wayside.

Our option game last year was dynamic and effective, I doubt it's completely going away.

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

If you're going to start a thread, could you at least link the video you mention please?

Sorry I don’t know how you do that. All I see in the browser is YouTube.com. But look it up on YouTube. It should come right up. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

No we don't. Frost is still the coach, and he's not gonna easily let an entire year of dutifully studying coastal carolina's orbit motion option scheme fall completely by the wayside.

Our option game last year was dynamic and effective, I doubt it's completely going away.

Maybe not totally, but I think Wipple took over the offense for a reason. Perhaps once in a while to keep the defense honest, but I seriously doubt to anywhere the frequency that was in the simulation. And Frost had seen how beat up AM was by the end of the season from running too much. But with the RBs next season, I could see Wipple running the ball more than at Pittsburg but mainly to the running backs. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why?  Because I don't understand why people pay attention to a game simulation of a real game and think it pertains to reality some how?

Young people enjoy virtual simulations,  gamers love games,  doesn't mean anyone thinks it's reality.  Your reaction just told me you are of an older generation who didn't grow up with such things, I found it funny,  that's all.