Nouili out for the year

49 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd have to think roids. Maybe an opiate for some pain.  Can't imagine herb would get a full year.  Sucks that if it was legit meds from Germany, there couldn't be some grace shown.  A year is severe IMO.  but then again, I do not know what the circumstances were.  Can we please bring Frank back on staff, even as a consultant, and break the curse.  

Drug testing as a whole seems dumb. Everyone is doing roids in college/pros. Seems like self sabotage. I would prefer as hush hush don’t ask policy myself. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker2326 said:

There is always something with Nebraska?!

So you think that NU is the only school to have a player suspended?

It seems like the off the field stuff has been pretty few and far between for the most part under Frost. There were years under some previous staffs that it seemed like there was a new incident in the news every week or two.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

So you think that NU is the only school to have a player suspended?

It seems like the off the field stuff has been pretty few and far between for the most part under Frost. There were years under some previous staffs that it seemed like there was a new incident in the news every week or two.

Its not i think that there are a lot of issue's with off the field things but Nebraska football come be it's own reality show. Aren't you not entertained????!!!!!!!

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If it was roids this reminds me of when Jim Miller For the Bears got suspended for PEDs.  If you seen the guy in person or play it's laughable.  

PEDs are widely used by a large sect of college/NFL players. It is not a few guys. It is the baseline to compete. Genetic reaction is the largest indicator of how well steroids will make you look/compete. Sleep, nutrition, & training to a smaller portion matter as well. For everyone, they are not miracles. It’s variable. 

all PEDs are not steroids either. 

stuff in high stimulant pre workout like DMHA/DMAA, a CNS stimulant much more powerful than caffeine is banned under NCAA rules and some FDA rules. But still sold. Things commonly sold as selective androgen receptor modulators or SARMs are also PEDs but are not all are steroids. Rather, are lumped into that category. Deer velvet antler extract is another one I can think of that is banned. A natural HGH raiser. Famously used by the alabama football team. Also legal to take and sold online & in trace amounts in preworkouts such as bucked up. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

PEDs are widely used by probably 80% of college/NFL players. It is not a few guys. It is the baseline to compete. Genetic reaction is the largest indicator of how well steroids will make you look/compete. Sleep, nutrition, & training to a smaller portion matter as well. For everyone, they are not miracles. It’s variable. 

I'm aware.  I believe in Jim Miller's case he took something that wasn't banned but after taking it your body converts it to a banned substance that shows in your blood.   But in Nouilli's case I thought I remembered him being mentioned one time as someone dealing with mental health issues so my guess we be narcotics not PEDs

8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm aware.  I believe in Jim Miller's case he took something that wasn't banned but after taking it your body converts it to a banned substance that shows in your blood.   But in Nouilli's case I thought I remembered him being mentioned one time as someone dealing with mental health issues so my guess we be narcotics not PEDs

Probably a prohormone. Still sold today online. 

And how do they decide the punishment for whatever offense you did? You don't hear often that a player gets suspended for a whole year for doing some kind of drug. Usually you hear about if from the coach saying here's the punishment that i feel is justified for whatever the situation is. Not to often do you hear the NCAA get involved.