Most Indispensable Huskers 2022

15 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Yes.  With Mavric on this.  Benhart has to be a bright spot and the one who reverses his trajectory.  If he is despensible, I don't know what that means.  Perhaps they think we have brought in the better options and it is best to leave him in the dust.

I tend to think they’re identifying individual players they believe CAN and Likeky WILL step up and perform to help the team win.  Not necessarily listing the positions that NEED / MUST step up.  A difference imo.  Thus, not sure they’ve found a full 2 deep of the requisite guys. Rather, the 50 they believe are indispensable to success - success is NOT assured but is almost guaranteed to not happen without the listed ones playing up to their abilities.  

32 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Rather, the 50 they believe are indispensable to success - success is NOT assured but is almost guaranteed to not happen without the listed ones playing up to their abilities.  

Which is why I think Benhart should be at the top of the list.

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

he's got to make plays and...... stay healthy.  Hasn't he been dinged up every season?

I'm not sure if he was banged up or not but he played in all eight games in 2020.  But he did miss three games last year.

• Plus1 1

On 7/23/2022 at 5:18 PM, admo said:

For those keeping score...

"Most Indispensable" per 247
Meaning:  Most absolutely necessary; Most essential; Most crucial; Most key; Most needed; Most required;

#10 Transfer Punter Brian Buschini
#9 LT Teddy Prochazka 
#8 CB Quinton Newsome
#7 WR/KR/PR Transfer Trey Palmer
#6 Rush Edge Garrett Nelson
#5 Rush Edge Transfer Ochaun Mathis
#4 DT Ty Robinson

With 3 left, I can only think of Luke Reimer & Casey Thompson as the top dog of each unit.  Someone else will soon be included.

I'd put the kicker ahead of everyone on this list - probably only behind the QB.