Anyone use CBD? I wrecked my knees playing football, multiple knee surgeries on both knees, basically  bone on bone. My ortho doc has told me I am well on my way to a couple total knees down the road. Kinda sick of Ibuprofen, some relief, but still think there could be something better out there. Heard CBD was great for inflammation. Anyone have any good luck with it? 

I use it semi-regularly. I'm not really an evangelist for much of anything in the world, but I think for most people who suffer from things like what you're describing it's honestly a life-changing substance. I've felt enough benefits personally and know way too many people who have regained the ability to do x or enjoy y to ignore.

40 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I use it semi-regularly. I'm not really an evangelist for much of anything in the world, but I think for most people who suffer from things like what you're describing it's honestly a life-changing substance. I've felt enough benefits personally and know way too many people who have regained the ability to do x or enjoy y to ignore.

Exactly what I’ve heard and read. I already ordered some from a reputable company online. I’m in my 30s, too active with my kids to be hobbling around. Hoping for the best! 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Anyone use CBD? I wrecked my knees playing football, multiple knee surgeries on both knees, basically  bone on bone. My ortho doc has told me I am well on my way to a couple total knees down the road. Kinda sick of Ibuprofen, some relief, but still think there could be something better out there. Heard CBD was great for inflammation. Anyone have any good luck with it? 

I’d sure try it and see what you think. I used CBD for a year or two for an inflammation issue (colon- ulcerative colitis, not a joint) and it seemed to provide some help. It also helped with sleep (but not as well as edibles). I was originally a believer but have since come to think that some of it was placebo effect and/or coincidental timing. It sure wouldn’t hurt to try it.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, how do you use CBD oil?  Do you rub it on your skin?  Swallow it?  What?

Your preference of any of the above. Topically, under your tongue, inhaling/vaping, transdermally with patches, orally via pills or oil added to food/drinks, etc. are all common.

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

There are dozens of CBD shops in Lincoln. The signs on each shop seem to indicate CBD helps with a different malady. It just seems too good to be true. 

I think it can help a wide range of issues. I know a lot of people that swear by it but I also know a few people who said it provided no relief whatsoever. Heck I used it for two years and am not even sure which side I fall on. I was a firm believer that it was helping me…..until I quit using it and nothing got worse. I actually think some of the benefit may be psychosomatic.

I do know that there is some quality CBD out there and what I would imagine is some garbage. I have trouble believing the stuff at convenience store registers can be any good.

34 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it can help a wide range of issues. I know a lot of people that swear by it but I also know a few people who said it provided no relief whatsoever. Heck I used it for two years and am not even sure which side I fall on. I was a firm believer that it was helping me…..until I quit using it and nothing got worse. I actually think some of the benefit may be psychosomatic.

I do know that there is some quality CBD out there and what I would imagine is some garbage. I have trouble believing the stuff at convenience store registers can be any good.

I think it's likely the same benefit as any other NSAID. It's useful but not all-encompassing.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Same boat in one knee. HS football, then rec league basketball as an adult. Misshapen now, bone on bone, and my ortho says he won't consider a replacement until I'm 60. So I get a chicken fat injection every spring, and take nsaids regularly. Can't use CBD due to random testing at work...so 4 more years of limping I guess.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Same boat in one knee. HS football, then rec league basketball as an adult. Misshapen now, bone on bone, and my ortho says he won't consider a replacement until I'm 60. So I get a chicken fat injection every spring, and take nsaids regularly. Can't use CBD due to random testing at work...so 4 more years of limping I guess.

There are CBDs that do not contain the THC component……

I would think those would be okay for testing purposes :dunno

31 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I have heard that...but not enough knowledge on them to take a chance 

Yeah, if there is no leeway in the testing not worth risking it. However, I do know, around here anyway, that some CBD shops are pretty professional and understand that certain people cannot test positive and they provide pretty good advice and technical information. But I don’t think I would trust the manufacturer if my job was on the line. I didn’t have to worry about that aspect so I used the full spectrum stuff. If you have bone on bone happening, I doubt that CBD is going to work miracles anyway.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, if there is no leeway in the testing not worth risking it. However, I do know, around here anyway, that some CBD shops are pretty professional and understand that certain people cannot test positive and they provide pretty good advice and technical information. But I don’t think I would trust the manufacturer if my job was on the line. I didn’t have to worry about that aspect so I used the full spectrum stuff. If you have bone on bone happening, I doubt that CBD is going to work miracles anyway.

Thanks, I may look closer