10 hours ago, knapplc said:

There are dozens of CBD shops in Lincoln. The signs on each shop seem to indicate CBD helps with a different malady. It just seems too good to be true. 

Some of it is marketing B.S. and snake oil grifters jumping on something new, but some of it is also that our culture spent so much time with the internalized lie that it was bad.

The medicinal benefits of a naturally occurring plant wouldn't be controversial or suspicious without the needless legislation and propaganda against it setting the backdrop. It'd be like all the sudden being wary of aloe vera.

I have used CBD oils and pills to try and help with my sleep and other ailments, and I have never liked it.  It left me with a groggy feeling that I couldn't get over.  It's also why I never liked doing pot.  I know CBD products don't have THC, but I have never liked that overly relaxed/tired/groggy feeling.

Just because I haven't had good experiences, doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend them.  I am all for CBD and other uses of the marijuana plant, as I think it's a much safer and natural product over man-made pharmaceuticals.

• Plus1 1

My wife and I have both taken CBD. My wife sometimes gets what is referred to as "Sunday Scaries" and she would take CBD in the evening to just kinda take the edge off. 

I can't do THC cuz we'd be out of food every night :lol:

• Haha 3
  • 3 months later...

On 6/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

I have used CBD oils and pills to try and help with my sleep and other ailments, and I have never liked it.  It left me with a groggy feeling that I couldn't get over.  It's also why I never liked doing pot.  I know CBD products don't have THC, but I have never liked that overly relaxed/tired/groggy feeling.

Just because I haven't had good experiences, doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend them.  I am all for CBD and other uses of the marijuana plant, as I think it's a much safer and natural product over man-made pharmaceuticals.

During the golf season, I tend to get sore and stiff if I play too much.  I tried gummies with CBD because it's supposed to help with inflammation.  I felt nothing different when I took them.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

During the golf season, I tend to get sore and stiff if I play too much.  I tried gummies with CBD because it's supposed to help with inflammation.  I felt nothing different when I took them.

It believe it takes awhile for CBD to get into the blood stream enough to have an impact on inflamation ... unlike asprin think of it more like allergy meds.  You want to be taking in before you're exposed to the issue.

• TBH 1