** 2022 Previews: CBS Sports Big Ten Win Total Predictions **

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I can understand alot of Nebraska fans thought process when it comes to predicting their win and loss record for this year and beyond bc of what they haven't done or were predicted to do better but haven't but i believe this team easily gets to 8 wins this year. Scott Frost I believe has taking the right steps to get passed his failures and the young men that have joined this program either by high school or transfer see it also. New coaches same goal every year just win. We all know SF offense has been lacking badly bc of how much the defense plays. Whipple wouldn't have left Pitt to come here just to lose and get fired so did all the other new coaches. This is a new year and im tired of people thinking we wont get to 5 wins. New Offense coordinator, new experienced qb, one of the best wr coach's in the nation what more could you ask for in the sense that everything is improved??? Sit back and enjoy Nebraska going to a bowl game this year. If not then i will eat my words that SF wasn't good enough to coach here but i will say is that he didn't lay down dying by doing what he did. 

I get that thinking but he was about to retire...imagine you are about to retire and a dude goes "Hey, you want to come coach (Face it, that is not back breaking work), I will double your salary and it is all guaranteed!" 

That is tough to turn down.  If it sucks, you have made an extra 1.6 million dollars (I know, I know, taxes), if it works, you can keep coaching and probably even get your kid or other friends on staff.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I get that thinking but he was about to retire...imagine you are about to retire and a dude goes "Hey, you want to come coach (Face it, that is not back breaking work), I will double your salary and it is all guaranteed!" 

That is tough to turn down.  If it sucks, you have made an extra 1.6 million dollars (I know, I know, taxes), if it works, you can keep coaching and probably even get your kid or other friends on staff.

You make a solid point but...  I don't think any of them come here if they thought it wasn't going to work.  Nobody wants to go out a loser, and most coaches have a pretty big ego.  Who knows if that translates to actually winning though.  

Strong Mike Riley "one last adventure" vibes.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Scott Frost I believe has taking the right steps to get passed his failures...

I am very confident that Scott didn't make the decision to fire the four offensive coaches and do the necessary shuffling to get Bill Busch in place as a dedicated special teams coach. I think that was Alberts & the administration doing his job for him.

There's no way that after that Ohio State loss when the losing record was sealed that Frost sat down with Alberts and said "Ok, check out this great plan I have here."

No. It was almost certainly the other way around. Frost is so damn lucky to not have gotten fired after going 3-9 that it's just absurd. It's up to Whipple, Chinander, & Busch to make up for all of Scott's problems as a visionary for putting together a good football team in Lincoln.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Lose to Rutgers but beat Minnesota? Huh?

Also, I see this take constantly “What have you seen from the last X amount of years that makes you optimistic that this year will be better?”

Nothing. Literally nothing. Any semblance of optimism is based on new staff and new transfers. Remarkably lazy take. 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, Fru said:

Lose to Rutgers but beat Minnesota? Huh?

Also, I see this take constantly “What have you seen from the last X amount of years that makes you optimistic that this year will be better?”

Nothing. Literally nothing. Any semblance of optimism is based on new staff and new transfers. Remarkably lazy take. 

I only read these to find out more about OTHER teams. These national writers will never know more than the average Husker fan. 

1 hour ago, Undone said:

There's no way that after that Ohio State loss when the losing record was sealed that Frost sat down with Alberts and said "Ok, check out this great plan I have here."

Actually, it was after the Minnesota game that Frost made his decision and presented his plan. Alberts didn't sign off on it until three weeks later.

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

Actually, it was after the Minnesota game that Frost made his decision and presented his plan. Alberts didn't sign off on it until three weeks later.

Frost did what 99% of us would do when they want to keep their job...he offered up others as the "problem"

I don't blame him for it, he was nice enough to bring them all with him and get that 4 years of fat raises. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Toe said:

Maybe this is all trivial or we're not on the same page, but we didn't rack up loss six until after we had lost to Purdue. 

I don't recall Frost having announced a plan to potentially fire four coaches prior to the Ohio State game - but maybe I just missed it.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Maybe this is all trivial or we're not on the same page, but we didn't rack up loss six until after we had lost to Purdue. 

I don't recall Frost having announced a plan to potentially fire four coaches prior to the Ohio State game - but maybe I just missed it.

Who said he announced it prior to the Ohio State game? :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

Who said he announced it prior to the Ohio State game? :facepalm:

Maybe you were just saying that this was internal and not public then:

Anyway, trivial. My point was that I personally highly doubt it was Frost's own plan that he came up with on his own to fire the four offensive coaches that were fired - especially since Lubick was the guy he had just brought in one season prior.

But that's just my own speculation. Obviously I can't prove any of that.

• Plus1 3

Frost did what 99% of us would do when they want to keep their job...he offered up others as the "problem"

I don't blame him for it, he was nice enough to bring them all with him and get that 4 years of fat raises. 

You must think Alberts is an extremely naive AD.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Maybe you were just saying that this was internal and not public then:

Anyway, trivial. My point was that I personally highly doubt it was Frost's own plan that he came up with on his own to fire the four offensive coaches that were fired - especially since Lubick was the guy he had just brought in one season prior.

But that's just my own speculation. Obviously I can't prove any of that.

Lubick wasn't the first option, so his short tenure isn't surprising 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You must think Alberts is an extremely naive AD.

I actually think he is brilliant.

He kept the guy around that all of us want to be coach (we just want wins now).  TA has played this perfectly.  His clock as AD has not even started yet.

If this works, TA looks brilliant and TA is the AD for years and years.

If it doesn't work, TA gets to hire a new football coach AND THEN his AD clock starts.  

• Plus1 1