USC and UCLA to the B1G

This is exactly how the rest of college football needs to combat the SEC.  Consolidate power in the rest of the country against them.  The SEC is going to have TVs in the South East.  The rest of football will have the rest in one conference.  And....we all know, the top SEC teams refuse to play good teams outside their conference.

I know which conference is more interesting to me.

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

USC and UCLA have about 40M reasons to want to join the B1G

FWhUmuPX0AAWwWP?format=png&name=large

With USC & UCLA, the Big Ten would control all three of the biggest TV markets in the country (NYC/Chicago/LA). 

It's possible the SEC's deal eclipses the B1G's, but that's highly debatable. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

With USC & UCLA, the Big Ten would control all three of the biggest TV markets in the country (NYC/Chicago/LA). 

It's possible the SEC's deal eclipses the B1G's, but that's highly debatable. 

I know that's how TV contracts look at it.  However, I would love to know how many TVs in those cities are on college football compared to all the small towns and much smaller cities throughout the midwest on any given Saturday.

18 minutes ago, skers83 said:

Who does the Pac 12 go after now? Boise? San Diego State? I would think they try staying somewhat relevant.

I think we're seeing FBS move from two tiers to three. Big Ten and SEC are the top tier, then ACC, PAC, Big 12, and possibly American, and then the current G5. Top tier conferences grabs best schools from mid tier, then mid tier grabs best from bottom tier. ACC could maaaaybe still make it into the top tier if they can make the right moves with TV contracts and expansion (getting Notre Dame football on board would be a good start). PAC is in the same boat as the Big 12: no one they could possibly add will be as good as what they're losing.

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G