USC and UCLA to the B1G

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe, finally, we can get back to Leaders and Legends. That was so the shiznit.

I'm partial to the Delaney and Devaney idea.

Oregon boards are filled with fear that they will get left out because Mullins and Schill seem to be sitting on their thumbs.

If USC and UCLA reached out to the Big10 and that's true that the conference wasn't looking to expand. What did USC and UCLA see coming that made them want to bail so quickly? Dang I wish I was a phone tap at the Big10 offices.

21 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Couldn't Notre Dame join the Big Ten for football only, at least in the short-term until the ACC contracts expire? Would seem to make more sense for them.

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

That dude knows jack s#!t. He’s been wrong on 100 things. 

But if he throws a million pieces of s#!t at the wall, one of them has to stick, right? 

He's a clown for sure though 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, GSG said:

But if he throws a million pieces of s#!t at the wall, one of them has to stick, right? 

He's a clown for sure though 

Well, if USC and UCLA up and left for the Big10 at a moments notice. I feel like throwing s#!t to a wall and having it stick might be less likely than what were about to witness

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Some Big Ten fans posting things that Rutgers and/or Nebraska would be the top 2 choices to be kicked out IF the Big Ten was looking to get rid of some teams to add more.

Interesting. 

We currently, and recently, suck at football, but we're still pretty good at attracting eyeballs, so I don't think we're in danger.  Illinois, Indiana, Purdue???

From a Big Ten board.  It really is amazing how many of them seem to think this has anything to do with academics.  What is that line from The Program..."I don't see 60,000 people showing up to watch a kid take a chemistry test"

If the Big10 still requires academic excellence for league admission, then the likely Pac12 candidates are UCLA, USC, Stanford and Berkeley. All of the rest are a substantial academic step down from the current Big10 schools, Nebraska excepted.

Nebraska is far worse than any other BIG10 or Pac12 school academically. Nebraska promised to improve during the talks to join. Ten years later, I think they are regarded even worse. All in favor of punting them for failure to meet league academic membership requirements? Hell, they even make Iowa academics look good.

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G