USC and UCLA to the B1G

25 minutes ago, Toe said:

I remember people on here saying exactly that when Texas and Oklahoma announced that they were joining the SEC, calling Warren an idiot because the Big Ten wasn't expanding. I said at the time that there wasn't much need for the Big Ten to rush, and that taking the top of the PAC was the probably most viable option. Although I predicted that it would be the top four teams, not two.

We still might get all 4, so you may still be right.

45 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Warren probably making a push for Notre Dame before moving on to other schools from the remaining PAC schools. 

May as well sit tight and show ND the $100M/year you’ll get in new TV rights.

Also going no divisions means you don’t need an even number of teams, so they could just take ND and sit at 17.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

He doesn't know squat. No one saw the current chess move either. Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington are the next 3. After that. Start looking back east again with UNC

There has been rumblings of USC joining the B1G since early April. While today was surprising it was hardly out of left field.

• Plus1 1

One of reasons ND wanted to stay independent was keeping USC, Stanford rivalries and playing games across the country. They would have part of that if they join the big10 now. ...And who knows, maybe Stanford asks to join.

11 minutes ago, default_28 said:

There has been rumblings of USC joining the B1G since early April. While today was surprising it was hardly out of left field.

I find it interesting that the article Chatelain put out cites Oregon, UW and Stanford as players coming soon but McKewon doesn't. Also for what it's worth. 

couple responses below the tweet worth looking at

14 minutes ago, default_28 said:

Yup, there is a gopher insider on twitter that had all of this a few months ago.

He’s now saying the ND has the numbers of what them joining would look like. And Warren is waiting for their phone call to tell him if they are in or not.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

I find it interesting that the article Chatelain put out cites Oregon, UW and Stanford as players coming soon but McKewon doesn't. Also for what it's worth. 

couple responses below the tweet worth looking at

I wasn’t trying to imply that Sam is right or that Oregon and Washington aren’t getting an invite. Just that people did see this chess move coming. Just no major source could confirm it.

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G
  • Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G