USC and UCLA to the B1G

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ball is in Notre Dame's court. That's the major play.

Other schools have to wait till ND makes their decision. Oregon and UW will most certainly follow along. USC, and UCLA don't make that move with Lincoln NE being the closest possible game outside of LA. Anyone thinking otherwise is incredibly naive. Patience. USC was the piece to get the ball rolling for ND. Stanford is the other piece that could be promised so those two games are maintained for Notre Dame. Oregon/Washington is just travel partners for the west coast schools

Moves will be Notre Dame, Oregon/UW combo, Stanford....after that it gets hazy if they continue beyond 20.

If you thought the path was already hard enough to win and try to advance to a conference championship good luck to the lower tier teams trying to compete with the higher prestige programs. Yes i know its not until 2 years away from joining the conference but the lower tier teams have to win now other wise i don't see them standing a chance at all and yes that includes Nebraska and their struggles to win.

16 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

Ball is in Notre Dame's court. That's the major play.

Other schools have to wait till ND makes their decision. Oregon and UW will most certainly follow along. USC, and UCLA don't make that move with Lincoln NE being the closest possible game outside of LA. Anyone thinking otherwise is incredibly naive. Patience. USC was the piece to get the ball rolling for ND. Stanford is the other piece that could be promised so those two games are maintained for Notre Dame. Oregon/Washington is just travel partners for the west coast schools

Moves will be Notre Dame, Oregon/UW combo, Stanford....after that it gets hazy if they continue beyond 20.

I agree. 20 teams with the pods below.

USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon

NU, Wiscy, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas

ND, Purdue, Indiana, PSU, Maryland

OSU, Mich, MSU, NW, Illinois

Feels like I forgot someone….oh well, it’s probably not important. :cowbell:

12 minutes ago, nic said:

Rutgers is missing 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, nic said:

Rutgers. And with Kansas that would be 21.

14 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

My buddy in Oregon is telling me the big rumor up there is Oregon to the SEC but is dependent on Washington doing the same....

I live in Oregon and the word is all of the other schools didn't know this was happening until today like the rest of us.  Tomorrow, there will be multiple meetings between the presidents and the AD's.  We'll see what happens.   

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

From a Big Ten board.  It really is amazing how many of them seem to think this has anything to do with academics.  What is that line from The Program..."I don't see 60,000 people showing up to watch a kid take a chemistry test"

Nobody cares about people showing up for a chemistry test or a football game. It's about money, which in terms of sports is based off of TV/media packages.

But news flash to whatever dips#!t wrote that...academic grants bring in way more money than even the $100 million+ we might all be getting yearly with our new super conference.

26 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Tom started this.......

Texas started this. Either in 2010 or in 1995 depending on how you look at it.

Honestly, I'm glad to be safe in all of this but I'm also just...wildly bummed out. College football is dead. I'll keep watching, because I'm an addict with stockholm syndrome, but all of the things that made me love the sport outside of my fandom for my team are gone. 100+ year rivalries, regional fraternity and brotherhood and animosity, familiarity with your yearly enemies, etc.

All of that doesn't even start to explain how bad I feel for non revenue student athletes. UCLAs press release had some bulls#!t about helping their student athletes...piss off. Yeah your women's soccer players are really going to be served so well having to fly to New Jersey and then Michigan during the school week one week then Pennsylvania and Ohio the next.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G