USC and UCLA to the B1G

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Although I've also heard that "waiting" on Notre Dame might not take that long...

Notre Dame's decision is supposedly supposed to take "Hours or Days" not "weeks". 

If news is happening before the holiday, that announcement will come today, you would think. However I'm leaning toward a Tuesday/Wednesday announcement. It literally might be to allow USC/UCLA limelight for their decision to say yes. Too many schools coming in right after one another shortens the time the media covers this whole story. So I think its a play by Fox and The B1G to stay the darling of sports coverage for the offseason. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why would you only have 3 super conferences?  If you have 4, it makes each one smaller to be able to get a better champion and then 4 for a playoff at the end of the year.

I know this is all supposed to be speculation, but at this point, suggesting four super-conferences as a realistic possibility is even more ridiculous than three.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Toe said:

In what universe is there still a realistic chance of four super-conferences happening?

It's just as realistic as the post I quoted.  The post I quoted has no chance of happening.  So, I didn't have a problem bringing up something that, even though very unlikely, makes more sense.

BTW....anyone still want to go back to the Big XII?  NOT!!!

OK....why is Oregon and Washington supposedly waiting to hear what Notre Dame is doing to decide if they want to ask to join?  Why would they be tied together?

The strange thing I'm thinking about is how the ACC is basically not being talked about.  They have won football NCs recently.  They are in a populated area.  I see the top teams from there joining the SEC.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....why is Oregon and Washington supposedly waiting to hear what Notre Dame is doing to decide if they want to ask to join?  Why would they be tied together?

The strange thing I'm thinking about is how the ACC is basically not being talked about.  They have won football NCs recently.  They are in a populated area.  I see the top teams from there joining the SEC.

They cant do anything till 2036 without paying ridiculous amounts of money to leave because football is included for everyone but Notre Dame. Adding anyone in makes it difficult because of the same reason. 2036. All members would have to vote to disband to dissolve the conference for it to happen super quick. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Big10 is waiting. Not UO/UW. 

If ND says no (which they won't) then expansion is done. If they say yes. They are part of the puzzle to also get Stanford, which is also enticing to ND. 

1 minute ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

They cant do anything till 2036 without paying ridiculous amounts of money to leave because football is included for everyone but Notre Dame. Adding anyone in makes it difficult because of the same reason. 2036. All members would have to vote to disband to dissolve the conference for it to happen super quick. 

So, Notre Dame can get out of the conference much cheaper because football isn't included?

3 hours ago, Toe said:

Went back and looked at some stuff from a year ago, specifically some of this guy's tweets, which seem to have been decently accurate.

Here's what he was saying a few months ago. Talks a lot about schools realizing that a lot of the booster money that used to come to them will now go to NIL instead, which changes the math for conference affiliation.

And these just a couple weeks ago...

And in the last day or so. Sounds like Jack Swarbrick decides where things go from here...

Amazing that this guy is the face of realignment in 2022.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

The Big10 is waiting. Not UO/UW. 

If ND says no (which they won't) then expansion is done. If they say yes. They are part of the puzzle to also get Stanford, which is also enticing to ND. 

So, if Stanford joins, that's more enticing for ND.  But, you're waiting to ask Stanford to join till after ND joins.  That doesn't make much sense.

If you really are wanting to get to 20.  Ask Oregon, Washington and Stanford to join. You're at 19.  If ND, once again, has such an ego that they say no, then go find someone else....or, wait a few years and ND will become more irrelevant as an independent and decide to join.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Notre Dame can get out of the conference much cheaper because football isn't included?

Thats the thinking.  I assume ND has a legal team going over all of the docs right now trying to figure out that the exit fee is for their non-FB sports.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

From what I understand and what I've read in a few places. Yes.

I think that's why no one is talking ACC moves and specifically expansion in regards to a response from the SEC. I think the SEC knows the fish they want have a long time before they can move, unless the ACC decided as a whole to dissolve

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G