USC and UCLA to the B1G

A exact quotes and Info I'm getting from a guy up in Oregon. Unsure of credibility. is this.

"Sounds like Cal is next to B1G"

"SEC is interested in Oregon and Cal"

"B1G is also working to get Washington and Oregon."

"Notre Dame to SEC"

"I would prefer B1G. However, Oregon and Washington lawmakers are looking to keep WSU and UW from splitting into different conferences. Same with UO and OSU. Meaning that the schools in each state would have to stay in the same conference together. So they would be package deal whichever conference they go to. That was just leaked 5 minutes ago"

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

A exact quotes and Info I'm getting from a guy up in Oregon. Unsure of credibility. is this.

"Sounds like Cal is next to B1G"

"SEC is interested in Oregon and Cal"

"B1G is also working to get Washington and Oregon."

"Notre Dame to SEC"

"I would prefer B1G. However, Oregon and Washington lawmakers are looking to keep WSU and UW from splitting into different conferences. Same with UO and OSU. Meaning that the schools in each state would have to stay in the same conference together. So they would be package deal whichever conference they go to. That was just leaked 5 minutes ago"

It would be maddening to see ND go to SEC.  I got to think the USC, UCLA, ND, OR, Wash, Stanford makes the best fit for B1G 10 since USC/UCLA are already in. If not Stanford, then WSU (to preserve the UW/WSU link) or KU (if you want basketball) or UNC.  

Or forget about UW/WSU(let them join the SEC and spend for air travel)  and bring Stanford (for ND's sake), KU, UNC, ND - added to USC/UCLA.  

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I mean Stanford is probably 6th on the ranking of ND's rivals behind USC, Navy, Michigan, Michigan St, and Purdue.

And I was wrong, they have been playing each other annually since 1997.  I have t shirts that are older than that.

Yeah but only your Nebraska national champions t-shirts….

It’s been a minute.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't surprise me if in the next decade, there are 4 "super conferences" each with it's own four team conference tournament, and the winner of those four go on to play the national title.

And I'd guess that those conferences would have 16-20 teams, probably split up into a couple divisions. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Wouldn't surprise me if in the next decade, there are 4 "super conferences" each with it's own four team conference tournament, and the winner of those four go on to play the national title.

And I'd guess that those conferences would have 16-20 teams, probably split up into a couple divisions. 

This isn't going to happen because that means bringing in schools that add ZERO value to anything. This is going to end up being like the NFL lite. 2 conferences. 4 means bringing in upwards of 80 schools. Never. Going. To. Happen.

The NFL doesn't just expand into cities that don't benefit the League. This is going to be about the haves and have nots. Schools like Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern etc are going to benefit from being in the existing league otherwise they'd be screwed. Could honestly say the same thing about us demographically. Luckily we have a good enough brand despite the last 20 years to keep us somewhat relevant.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, IgniteTheSpark said:

This isn't going to happen because that means bringing in schools that add ZERO value to anything. This is going to end up being like the NFL lite. 2 conferences. 4 means bringing in upwards of 80 schools. Never. Going. To. Happen.

The NFL doesn't just expand into cities that don't benefit the League. This is going to be about the haves and have nots. Schools like Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern etc are going to benefit from being in the existing league otherwise they'd be screwed. Could honestly say the same thing about us demographically. Luckily we have a good enough brand despite the last 20 years to keep us somewhat relevant.

But this isn't the NFL.

And if it's truly about the have or have nots, then it's going to be a very exclusive club, unless they create a sub conference, and some form of relegation.  So the only way that will work is if you have more teams, or they perennial contenders form a 24 team league and break away from the NCAA, which is pretty far fetched.

And if what you're proposing, we don't have the name recognition to get us into your proposed scenario.

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G