USC and UCLA to the B1G

5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I was thinking more like TCU which brings the DFW market. As for AAU, I dont believe Nebraska is on that list. 

They were AAU when they joined the big10 and then got voted off the island sometime later. It was a very tight vote and ironically two big 10 institutions voted NU out. Wiscy and Michigan I believe…if you need some pompous a-holes to hate. :bang  Plus NU has a much better brand than TCU. ND is not AAU and either is OU, but the big10 would let them both in. Miami is in the same boat.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing tons and tons of tweets from sports journalists with rumor after rumor.

If these guys knew anything the USC/UCLA move wouldn't have been such a shock. They were all caught flat-footed, exposed as know-nothings. Now they're trying to ride the news wave into traffic and credibility with all of these "I'm hearing" tweets.

Where were these guys with rumors of the Big Ten's move prior to last week?

• Plus1 8
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If these guys knew anything the USC/UCLA move wouldn't have been such a shock. They were all caught flat-footed, exposed as know-nothings. Now they're trying to ride the news wave into traffic and credibility with all of these "I'm hearing" tweets.

Probably knee deep in Deshaun Watson BS

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you in general.  And I do think there are now a lot of people who are throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

However, it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.  Before last Thursday, it was two universities and one conference - and probably just a few of the conference higher-ups, not everyone.  There was likely a small enough group and enough incentive to keep quiet that it was much easier to keep under wraps.  Plus no one knew they should be looking for anything.

Now the lid is blown off.  It involves at least three more conferences and dozens of schools.  And they're all looking for a safe place to land, and frantic to do so.  And everyone is asking questions.

And possibly the biggest change is those not at the top of the list - and those in the ACC - are going to have to pony up cash to secure their spot at the table.  And that involves boosters, who are likely not as tight-lipped as the college presidents are.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

They were AAU when they joined the big10 and then got voted off the island sometime later. It was a very tight vote and ironically two big 10 institutions voted NU out. Wiscy and Michigan I believe…if you need some pompous a-holes to hate. :bang  Plus NU has a much better brand than TCU. ND is not AAU and either is OU, but the big10 would let them both in. Miami is in the same boat.

The reason, if I remember right, that Nebraska got voted out is because the AAU members would credit UNL for the research done at UNMC and thus claimed UNL didn't perform up to AAU research standards. It was the product of 2 things. 1) The university structure  and 2) pompous aholes.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is the one thing I've always liked about the B1G, and it continues even with Warren at the helm. They play things close to the vest, and you don't hear about it until they're good and ready for you to hear about it. The OU/UT to SEC was a cluster for quite awhile before it was official. It's nice to have people that know how to handle their business.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G