USC and UCLA to the B1G

3 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

All of the conference-specific channels are available via a sports tier for the one cable company (cox) out here (some centurylink might still be around). I think satellite is different. Dish never could land an agreement to carry the Pac12 network. 

5 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Do you get BTN?

Only if you purchase the sports tier from the Phoenix crap cable co.  I thought it was inciteful that the PAC could not get basic carriage in its 2nd largest media market. 

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I guess I don't understand what he is getting at.  What does Oregon and Washington have to do with ND?  I would think it would come down which conference they would rather be a part of and not what ND is doing.  

Ya never know.  TCU to the PAC used to be a parody of CR chatter.  Now it's very plausible. 

also I think ND is plotting something, it's the only explanation for the media blackout.  Gun to my head I would say it's joining the ACC in full.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Being "good" with the LA teams doesn't make sense to me. You don't just pluck two teams off the west coast purely for the TV market with zero ties to the rest of the region or even the states between Nebraska and Cali.

Even after the addition of ND I think there would probably be 2 or 3 more teams West of the Mississippi the B1G would be courting; ala Oregon, Washington, and Stanford. But I wouldn't be shocked to see KU or CU come up in conversation either.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

What advantage does the Big 12 even offer to Pac schools? Big 12 is a step up from the American, but the Pac 12? I mean the Pac botched their network, but even that is still better than the Big 12. Just adding more schools doesn't necessarily increase revenue per school.

I would think that the ACC has the strongest hand of the 'newly 2nd-tier' conferences, if they try to expand.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Ya never know.  TCU to the PAC used to be a parody of CR chatter.  Now it's very plausible. 

also I think ND is plotting something, it's the only explanation for the media blackout.  Gun to my head I would say it's joining the ACC in full.  

Does that make as much sense financially as joining the BIG?

1 minute ago, Toe said:

What advantage does the Big 12 even offer to Pac schools? Big 12 is a step up from the American, but the Pac 12? I mean the Pac botched their network, but even that is still better than the Big 12. Just adding more schools doesn't necessarily increase revenue per school.

I would think that the ACC has the strongest hand of the 'newly 2nd-tier' conferences, if they try to expand.

I think it's more just trying to maintain what they have.  The Big XII is losing their two best programs.  The Pac-12 is losing their best program and one of their top name recognition schools.  If either stays where they are their next media deal is going down.  If they try to add from the non-P5 pool, their next media deal is going down.  So their only option is really to take the best of what's left and put it together and hope the increased quantity makes up for the lack of quality.

• Plus1 1

I don't know anything, but I love UCLA and USC joining the B1G.

I feel that ND is out, mostly because ACC is an easier path for them in a conference.

I have to guess that will go to 20, and cover the map for logistics and geographics from coast to coast.  I can see the Big Ten changing it's name to B1G officially, and adding Arizona, Colorado and perhaps Utah (or Stanford) to link them to the Central/Midwest, but also adding Virginia to the East.  All new members would be AAU with the lone exception Huskers.

B1G would look like this:

West Side

UCLA, USC, Arizona, Utah, Colorado

Central

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois

Midwest

Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, NW

East Side

Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia

usa-states-map.gif

This would be a conference that can represent football, basketball, baseball, and women's sports as well.

2 Divisions -  West Central and Mid East - with divisional conf game, with the winners playing for conf championship.

From East Coast to West Coast, there will always be a B1G game on (football).

It could even go by adding one to each regional pod, like - Stanford, Kansas, ND, North Carolina.

I am not smart enough to figure out the scheduling, but we would be B1G and cover the map and markets.

That's a B1G guess for sure lol.  But who knows, everything is hearsay or a guess until it's official.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

Wonder if there could be a FOX B1G subscription coming? 

For "just XX.99" access to every game 

There was already talk some time ago of Fox adding a second B1G channel during basketball and football season, and the channels would split broadcasts by division. 

There’s more than enough content to justify a second channel…but I could see Fox just relegating more stuff to BTN+. 

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G