USC and UCLA to the B1G

37 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I could live with CBS taking over ND home games.  They always had the better product and my favorite games to watch on TV was when ND played @Navy.

At this point I think I would prefer ND stay independent and have the Big10 move on.

Actually what might be best is to have ND join the ACC in full.

That might save the ACC and then the PAC/Big12 get picked over, or they survive as the 4th conference.

This might be better for college football. 

• Plus1 1

Oregon's On3 site saying they really think Oregon wants/needs to go to the B1G but probably nothing more happening now.  Probably going to have to wait until everyone finds out what Notre Dame will do, which is looking like it might be another year (at least).  Notes that it was a year from when Oklahoma & Texas moved to when USC & UCLA did.  

So they are thinking there will definitely be more shuffling but perhaps not for awhile.

Not much different that what has already been discussed but interesting to see it from their side.

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Oregon's On3 site saying they really think Oregon wants/needs to go to the B1G but probably nothing more happening now.  Probably going to have to wait until everyone finds out what Notre Dame will do, which is looking like it might be another year (at least).  Notes that it was a year from when Oklahoma & Texas moved to when USC & UCLA did.  

So they are thinking there will definitely be more shuffling but perhaps not for awhile.

Not much different that what has already been discussed but interesting to see it from their side.

Understand the hesitation but he who hesitates is lost.  The game is musical chairs and lots more players than chairs.  Better sit when u can cause most will be left out in a few short years.  I’m so glad we are in what appears to be one of the probable survivor leagues and still retain some historical brand / mystic.  If we were in the Big 12 today, with our decade of disappointment now, we’d be very nervous.  Would we be welcome in Big Ten or SEC today? Over any of a couple dozen schools with good rep and such ?   Idk.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Understand the hesitation but he who hesitates is lost.  The game is musical chairs and lots more players than chairs.  Better sit when u can cause most will be left out in a few short years.  I’m so glad we are in what appears to be one of the probable survivor leagues and still retain some historical brand / mystic.  If we were in the Big 12 today, with our decade of disappointment now, we’d be very nervous.  Would we be welcome in Big Ten or SEC today? Over any of a couple dozen schools with good rep and such ?   Idk.  

Piggy backing off your last couple sentences, I still believe an invite to the SEC is the way to go. They’re a conference that has banded together, correctly navigated a season when the majority of the nation wanted to shutdown, they have more NC winning teams, and care more about winning championships. B1G is picking off teams from their “alliances” and floating rumors of kicking teams out, and focusing on revenue streams.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure there have been rumors about Rutgers and Maryland getting the boot. IF the BIG was to do that, it would only be because they for sure have better schools who have agreed to come over (better financially). I could see Rutgers getting the boot for a school like KU coming over due to the money their basketball program is worth. The BIG has to focus on money, but the people in charge are foolish if they don't look at schools that have potential to also bring in championships in major sports. I'm not sure Rutgers fits the mold in either category now that streaming is as/more important than TV sets

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I have, but I have not see any sort of rumors coming from the B1G about kicking out teams.

I have made jokes in this thread about kicking Rutgers out….I didn’t realize they carried this much weight. :cowbell:

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I have, but I have not see any sort of rumors coming from the B1G about kicking out teams.

Pretty certain you haven’t heard anything from “out of the B1G” in this entire thread, this whole thread has been rumors from outside sources - outside of the addition of USC/UCLA.

My bad for not distinguishing what others have said about Rutgers. Or Nebraska in years past. Or the fact that Nebraska had to issue a statement of commitment to the conference in 2020 because they were going to kick us out if we had played. 

Does that suffice?

59 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

It’s not just you making jokes. ESPN has this really intelligent man talking about booting Nebraska out every other year. 

Sounds like an idiot wide receiver from Michigan:lol:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

Pretty certain you haven’t heard anything from “out of the B1G” in this entire thread, this whole thread has been rumors from outside sources - outside of the addition of USC/UCLA.

My bad for not distinguishing what others have said about Rutgers. Or Nebraska in years past. Or the fact that Nebraska had to issue a statement of commitment to the conference in 2020 because they were going to kick us out if we had played. 

Does that suffice?

I'd like any links regarding actual rumors from actual sources about kicking out teams, currently and also in 2020 regarding Nebraska.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G