USC and UCLA to the B1G

14 hours ago, admo said:

I wouldn't read into it, other than "mum's the word".  The big ten is keeping things quiet, including scheduling and other teams possibly joining from the west.

I would love Notre Dame to join the BIG, and it makes sense.  But there is a plan B and plan C if they don't. 

Mum's the word for now, and wait and see in a year.

I don’t know man. I think ND might become the Big10’s version of Texas if they join. Other than the Big10 being more full of themselves than the Big12 was, they generally get along and move in lock step….the 2020 football season being an exception. If ND joins we might have way more drama. Sort of like an employee that demands, but doesn’t deserve a promotion.

15 minutes ago, nic said:

I don’t know man. I think ND might become the Big10’s version of Texas if they join. Other than the Big10 being more full of themselves than the Big12 was, they generally get along and move in lock step….the 2020 football season being an exception. If ND joins we might have way more drama. Sort of like an employee that demands, but doesn’t deserve a promotion.

Maybe ND isn’t joining because the Big Ten has made it clear they wouldn’t be getting special treatment. 

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe ND isn’t joining because the Big Ten has made it clear they wouldn’t be getting special treatment. 

Expectations would be nice. Maybe they are butt hurt because Michigan kept them out 100 years ago, or whatever it was. MSU still is for Michigan trying to keep them out. :D

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  And, especially since COVID, so many classes have lectures posted online for students to listen to if they miss class.  Damn...that would have been nice when I was in school.

Agreed. But there were at least ways of getting lectures from classes that didn’t mandate attendance—usually you could bum a recording from the guy with the recorder for a fee.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:41 PM, nic said:

I agree. 20 teams with the pods below.

USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon

NU, Wiscy, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas

ND, Purdue, Indiana, PSU, Maryland

OSU, Mich, MSU, NW, Illinois

Feels like I forgot someone….oh well, it’s probably not important. :cowbell:

Notre Dame isn't coming to the big ten period cause they know they can't win in the big ten

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Notre Dame isn't coming to the big ten period cause they know they can't win in the big ten

I don’t see Kansas getting invited although it’d be fine with me.  Well, USC and UCLA won’t be winning titles either until the new super conferences (64 teams in guessing are in a new league/division of their own.  

The two big guys Big Ten / SEC or whatever they call their new league (I like CFL) will not be beating themselves up while allowing other schools into the playoffs so the CFB playoff has to changed at same time imo.  

44 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That and these conference realignment solitaire hypotheticals always put us in the dumbest possible pod.  This month I have seen us grouped with Oregon and Virginia. 

What about this Pod. USC, UCLA, ND, Purdue, Stanford.....poor PurDont. 

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That and these conference realignment solitaire hypotheticals always put us in the dumbest possible pod.  This month I have seen us grouped with Oregon and Virginia. 

Geez. Imagine getting spitroasted by Oregon and Virginia.

19 hours ago, nic said:

What about this Pod. USC, UCLA, ND, Purdue, Stanford.....poor PurDont. 

You have to protect that Hoosier rivalry with IU. 

For competitive balance in your next conference iteration, what do you think of a Red/Maroon division vs other colors?

SC vs UCLA

Ohio State vs Mich

Wisc vs MSU

NU vs PSU

Minn vs Iowa

IU  vs NW

Rutgers vs Ill

Maryland vs Purdue 

Latest from Flugaur:

Peak Around the Corner: Notre Dame Edition Part 1. Notre Dame has lots of leverage with Big Ten. But this leverage starts to deteriorate in about 80 days. More on this later…but if Irish wants to call their shot in bringing Stanford along as school 18 in B1G..needs to be soon.

By end of the series I believe that many will understand why Notre Dame, if they were ever going to say yes to Big Ten, it would happen in next 80 day window. We believe the Irish will act when their leverage with Big Ten is most high…just like USC. Within the next 80 days.

He also tweets on Trev Alberts comments about expansion:

“We have a list and all the data around it. But what other schools bring value to the Big Ten?” Alberts didn’t offer thoughts on candidates, real or perceived, for Big Ten expansion. But he subscribes to one belief without hesitation. “There will be more change.”

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G