Jump to content


USC and UCLA to the B1G


Recommended Posts


10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

 

 

Incredible to me how few involved 1) the Huskers or 2) trick plays. 

 

Ones that involve Nebraska 

Houston

Nebraska - Rodgers punt return

Virginia Tech

Washington

 

 

Trick Plays

North Texas - fake fair catch

Pitt.- Kenny Pickett Fake Slide

Boise State- Play that beat Oklahoma

 

Comments said that Bama had the most appearances being the other team 8 times.  Michigan/ND/Nebraska had 5,4,3. 

 

Also from comments:

 

That Texas vs. USC game is one of the greatest B1G vs. SEC games I've ever watched live. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I wish it was Tommie Frazier option run against Florida!!!! Not saying that Johnny didnt have a great punt return but to me that run you can never forget how many defenders fell or missed tackles or got dragged.

Yes that and also the 'Flee Kicker"   Kept Tom's 97 championship alive.   We could name a dozen such plays.  

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

 

 

Incredible to me how few involved 1) the Huskers or 2) trick plays. 

 

Ones that involve Nebraska 

Houston

Nebraska - Rodgers punt return

Virginia Tech

Washington

 

 

Trick Plays

North Texas - fake fair catch

Pitt.- Kenny Pickett Fake Slide

Boise State- Play that beat Oklahoma

 

It was nice to see OU was the opposite side for 2 in a row - Baylor and Boise State. 

 

The North Texas fake fair catch was a thing of beauty - played like an Oscar winning actor. 

Link to comment

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

 

Funny that a conference would file an anti-trust suit due to a group of schools wanting to be in their own conference. Hard for me to believe that suit would fly, especially considering precedent that schools can negotiate independent of each other (therefore can also choose to negotiate as a group).  

Link to comment
6 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

 

Funny that a conference would file an anti-trust suit due to a group of schools wanting to be in their own conference. Hard for me to believe that suit would fly, especially considering precedent that schools can negotiate independent of each other (therefore can also choose to negotiate as a group).  

Dodd may not be totally in the loop but at least he is not a click bait machine. 

Link to comment
On 8/1/2022 at 12:01 PM, GSG said:

I don't have my Athletic subscription anymore, but I saw a headline from them quoting the Pac 12 commish about USC/UCLA already regretting their exit from the conference.

 

Can anyone offer a summary of what they said?

 

Thanks!

 

 

He didn't really offer a reason, just said he thinks they're already regretting it "given the pushback that they’ve gotten from almost every corner of their communities. I think they will regret it more as time goes on.”

 

 

 

Link to comment
16 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

He didn't really offer a reason, just said he thinks they're already regretting it "given the pushback that they’ve gotten from almost every corner of their communities. I think they will regret it more as time goes on.”

He's pretending like every other school in the P12 wouldn't bolt for the B1G at the first opportunity.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

On 8/4/2022 at 3:04 AM, Lorewarn said:

 

 

He didn't really offer a reason, just said he thinks they're already regretting it "given the pushback that they’ve gotten from almost every corner of their communities. I think they will regret it more as time goes on.”

 

 

 


I’m sure it wasn’t 100% of people in agreement with the change, and when he’s hearing from people they might even tell him a bit of what he wants to hear. 
 

The fact of the matter is this was inevitable.  

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...