CBS Sports 2022 B1G Coach Rankings

#1 is correct.  I think you can quibble quite a bit with numbers 2 through 11.  #12 makes sense to me.  Then you have a toss up for the cellar between 13 and 14.  And I can't say they got it wrong with Frost in DFL.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-coach-rankings-2022-jim-harbaugh-vaults-toward-the-top-as-ryan-day-holds-firm-at-no-1-in-conference/

14 Scott Frost (53 overall): As if Frost needed anything else to worry about these days, he begins the 2022 season ranked last among Big Ten coaches. His seat is about as hot as hot can get as the Huskers find themselves in desperate need of a successful season. And that might not be as big a leap as you'd think. While Nebraska finished 3-9 last year, it was a better team than the record indicates, and if the Huskers can tighten up a few areas (special teams, hello), a bowl game should be well within their grasp. Whether that's enough to save Frost's job is anybody's guess at this point. Last year: 11 in Big Ten

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I understand the ranking get the statement behind it. but imho I feel that frost can eventually out coach most of the Big Ten I know some of you will laugh at this but when he gets over that hump watch out!!! they will be a force to reckon with and with the new staff members he has added i feel will give him tremendous help and he will once again win the coach of the year award and be up there with Day and Kaki guy but i totally understand why he is ranked where he is at and that he will get out of it starting this year

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

There really isn't any reasoning to NOT have Day #1.  However, I've always felt that it's easier to come keep a top program at the top than build one to the top.  So, he might be #1.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if others in the conference aren't as far behind as it might seem to the casual fan.  For instance, what would Fitz do at a place like OSU?  My guess is that there's a good chance he might have great success there too, much like Day.

25 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I definitely don't have Ferentz at #3. (lower)  As for SF.  Ouch.

I don't know; I think it makes sense to look at it "pound for pound." When you take in the number of 4 & 5 star recruits OSU & Michigan have it's pretty easy to put together 10+ win seasons.

Ferentz routinely puts together 9 win seasons with recruiting that falls way below the averages of OSU, Michigan, & Penn State. Iowa does play in the weaker of the two divisions but still, I'd say Kirk is the epitome of figuring out how to win in the conference he plays in - he'll just never get into the playoff without the recruiting that the slightly better schools haul in.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't know; I think it makes sense to look at it "pound for pound." When you take in the number of 4 & 5 star recruits OSU & Michigan have it's pretty easy to put together 10+ win seasons.

Ferentz routinely puts together 9 win seasons with recruiting that falls way below the averages of OSU, Michigan, & Penn State. Iowa does play in the weaker of the two divisions but still, I'd say Kirk is the epitome of figuring out how to win in the conference he plays in - he'll just never get into the playoff without the recruiting that the slightly better schools haul in.

In the West division no less sure.

9 hours ago, Undone said:

I'd say Fitzgerald is a better coach than three-chins Chryst. If Pat was at Wisconsin they'd be even better than they are today.

Poor Frost. Guy couldn't even coach his way out of a plastic Super Saver bag...

And yet he won coach of the year once.

• Plus1 2

Anyone who doesn't think Frost is currently the worst in the B1G is fanboy delusional.  Unsure who we even have a winning record against in the B1G with a pulse.  And how many of our wins were against FBS teams or those with winning records.  Frost has a ton to play for and prove.  Especially when looked at through our talent on paper vs others.  One B1G coach had it right, we are a first off the bus team and then nada.  But with all of that, I still do not think him staying here for a 6th season has anything to do with the W-L record.  I still hope Frost can turn things around and prove me to be completely wrong and show why I am not a coach. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

15 hours ago, TheSker said:

Frost's seat isn't as hot as Fornelli's clickbait wants it ti be.

But hey, in the B1G even #14 is a top 53 nationally......

Deep down I really believe that you understand that what is publicly stated in press conferences isn't always the actual truth.

Frost has "the full support of the athletic department" unless and until he posts another losing season. Then all of a sudden, he won't. That's what lowering the buyout was all about.

That wasn't his idea, it was Alberts'/the administrations.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, TheSker said:

But hey, in the B1G even #14 is a top 53 nationally......

Agree, it is total clickbait that a coach that has gone 15-29 at a blueblood school is on the hotseat.  That is one scorching hot take.  I'm sure ranking Frost last and saying he needs to win this year or he will get fired generated tens of thousands of hits on his article.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, TheSker said:

In a way I agree. It's not like he has to get 8 or 9 wins to stay around. If he manages 6-6 I think it is automatic he'll be back. It will show improvement and enough to keep a large proportion of the fan base happy. Maybe even 5-7 with a signature win against a top 10 opponent will be enough. And looking at the schedule I think there is at least a chance he'll get to the elusive 6 win plateau this year.