CBS Sports 2022 B1G Coach Rankings

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

In year 5, 6-6 against our schedule is not enough to earn a 6th year IMO.

If we go 5-7 and he is retained, then just shut the program down because the powers that be don't care about winning anymore.

Oh, from a personal opinion standpoint I totally agree. But last year at this time I was 1000% certain that if the team went 3-9 and HCSF was 15-29 through his four years there was no way in hell he would get a 5th season. But I was 1000% wrong. So now I treat the question of what happens if we have a mediocre season or worse the same way I treat my season predictions. Look at the schedule, look at the team, come up with an anticipated result, then subtract 3 or 4 from the win column to come up with my final guess.

6 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

In a way I agree. It's not like he has to get 8 or 9 wins to stay around. If he manages 6-6 I think it is automatic he'll be back. It will show improvement and enough to keep a large proportion of the fan base happy. Maybe even 5-7 with a signature win against a top 10 opponent will be enough. And looking at the schedule I think there is at least a chance he'll get to the elusive 6 win plateau this year.

Nope