Fall Camp 2022

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Noticed Rahmir Johnson working mostly with the receiver group

I think the plan is using him a lot on third down as a receiver/running open from the RB spot. Grant/Ervin rest of the time or 3rd and short. 

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

As I said last week…one of his biggest weaknesses. If the dude could get low & run behind his pads he could even better utilize his size and power 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Decked said:

I think the plan is using him a lot on third down as a receiver/running open from the RB spot. Grant/Ervin rest of the time or 3rd and short. 

As I said last week…one of his biggest weaknesses. If the dude could get low & run behind his pads he could even better utilize his size and power 

Meh.  It wasn't an issue at all from what we saw last year.  It was nice to see a back be able to carry a few defenders with him for once.

• Plus1 2
Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Meh.  It wasn't an issue at all from what we saw last year.  It was nice to see a back be able to carry a few defenders with him for once.

And he will be better if he fixes that issue. He has a long way to go. But it’s something he can fix. Body shape, conditioning, footwork, leverage, & effort.

• Haha 2

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Has anyone seen Smothers throw a tight spiral in any of these clips.  I feel like all his throws are wobbly. 

I don't know but Chubba sure throws a purdy ball. hehe. But seriously every pass I've seen of his he throws a beautiful ball.  No surprise that he's the no. 2 guy and that he's not all that far behind.  Another good thing is I don't think he and Thompson are all that different as players which is something we haven't had for a few years.  I felt like we had to make big adjustments to our offense for McCaffery and Smothers to play to their strengths.  We shouldn't have to do that anymore.

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah I didn't see any issues with him (Yant) last year at all other then he seemed to turn his back to the defenders just a few times after getting hit and trying to spin his way out of the tackle finishing runs.  With defenders on him and after good gains no less.

yeah that kinda drove me nuts but he was able to move people.  would prefer he stay facing forward so if someone slips off he can keep running and not just fall on his a$$

• Plus1 1