Fall Camp 2022

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

yeah that kinda drove me nuts but he was able to move people.  would prefer he stay facing forward so if someone slips off he can keep running and not just fall on his a$$

The few times he did do this the thing is he definitely made yards.  It's going to be very interesting to see what an Applewhite led RB room looks like.  Held set the bar pretty darn low.

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

If Gabe is able to earn one of the top two spots at RB, he must be pretty darn good. Because it seems either Grant or Yant have too much potential and talent not to be playing. I think Gabe could be solid, but I just didn’t see greatness in his potential as there perhaps is with the other three that includes Allen. And Johnson as we talked about will get his share of snaps because of his receiving ability and speed. But if Gabe proves me wrong, good for him and the team. DO never looked great — but then his senior season with Frost he looked special. You just never know.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

If Gabe is able to earn one of the top two spots at RB, he must be pretty darn good. Because it seems either Grant or Yant have too much potential and talent not to be playing. I think Gabe could be solid, but I just didn’t see greatness in his potential as there perhaps is with the other three that includes Allen. And Johnson as we talked about will get his share of snaps because of his receiving ability and speed. But if Gabe proves me wrong, good for him and the team. DO never looked great — but then his senior season with Frost he looked special. You just never know.

Nebraska's running back room has felt like a mystery the past few years in more ways than one.  I think there's definitely more than just a few guys with the ability in that room right now.  A few of whom have shown that with/for us already.  

56 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

A). He was a true freshman getting his first FBS experience.

B).  I believe he had the worst coach of the bunch.

C). He got injured very early in the season.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

A). He was a true freshman getting his first FBS experience.

B).  I believe he had the worst coach of the bunch.

C). He got injured very early in the season.

Yes, I tend to agree about Held. Yet that was Ozibo’s coach his last year. So go figure. 

• Plus1 1

Apparently the practice wasn’t the best ever.  But, it is actually a good sign.  Most teams, good or not, have ups and downs.  I am very positive about the defense. Chins has them dialed in and playing hard.  It sounds like the offense did some good things but the defense really frustrates them and is forcing errors.  That’s what Blackshirts do.  

a bunch of new WRs.  Mostly very young. The Big Ten is tough, hard hitting, fundamentals. It might be elitists in most respects but it’s a hard hat construction crew that is not for the meek and mild.   The game is physical and you earn your yards and points the hard way.  

The players may have had no fear of failure and that, in the right context is all good, but they need to realize they are letting down their teammates and coaches, family and friends and millions of loyal and devoted fans.  Their effort and hunger needs to on full display without fail. Not every play will work.  Nobody lies down on the job. Pour and moan when you’re old and infirm, not when your young, bright, strong and on a mission to get better.  Most of all, they’re letting themselves down by not excelling and focusing on team goals.   Whip can chew butt and it’s because he knows they are able to succeed. 

• Haha 1