Fall Camp 2022

15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is there anyone more opposite of SF? 

Was that supposed to be sarcastic? Because that sounds like standard coachspeak, and almost identical to some things Frost has said, like this:

“I didn’t know whether to be worried about that or not,” Frost said of NU’s “business-like” demeanor before the game, compared to the team’s usual hype.

“There wasn’t as much juice, but we have more of a veteran team now that I figured — it looked business-like, just not as much juice as we’ve had the last two weeks.

"We needed more juice, obviously, in the first half. For two weeks we’ve been playing in the best environment in college football, and the juice kind of comes along with that. We needed to bring it today. I think it was terrible. We lost a lot of one-on-one battles in the first half.”

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I disagree.  I think we beat Purdue also to go 8-4.

7-5 with losses to Purdue and Wisconsin could be tricky.  

By “Nebraska standards” that probably isn’t enough to keep the job.

But By all other expectations, he should absolutely be back for year 6. Especially if they go and win the bowl game. (But many of us would still be selfishly disappointed…)

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Need more squeeze!

I think so.

Seriously though, these are professional athletes getting a free education and NIL money. If they, and the coaches, aren’t bringing it everyday then they need to GTFO. Don’t keep offering up their juice level as some kind of excuse.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I think so.

Seriously though, these are professional athletes getting a free education and NIL money. If they, and the coaches, aren’t bringing it everyday then they need to GTFO. Don’t keep offering up their juice level as some kind of excuse.

But it happens at all level of sport. Even Tom Brady would come out flat and just ha e an off day. It is what it is. It just can't become a systemic thing.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

But it happens at all level of sport. Even Tom Brady would come out flat and just ha e an off day. It is what it is. It just can't become a systemic thing.

I know everybody has an off day here and there. The coaches and players should realize that fact also. But it seems as if they are feeling the need to report on it. I don’t want to hear about how much frikken juice they did or didn’t have because it doesn’t matter at all. If the players don’t have the “juice” occasionally, it doesn’t need to be mentioned. If they don’t have it a lot of the time then the coaches need to change things up. I’d rather have sunshine blown up my butt than listen to excuses why such and such unit or player struggled.

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I know everybody has an off day here and there. The coaches and players should realize that fact also. But it seems as if they are feeling the need to report on it. I don’t want to hear about how much frikken juice they did or didn’t have because it doesn’t matter at all. If the players don’t have the “juice” occasionally, it doesn’t need to be mentioned. If they don’t have it a lot of the time then the coaches need to change things up. I’d rather have sunshine blown up my butt than listen to excuses why such and such unit or player struggled.

It's a dumb throwaway coach speak comment when they don't know what to say or don't want to go into details or want to leave work.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1