NBA 2023-24

On 3/24/2023 at 4:29 PM, sho said:

Little disappointed, leaving Tuesday to go to Chicago for the Lakers game and it sounds like LeBron will miss the game.   As a fan of the team, I want him healthy and ready to go to hopefully make a run for the playoffs, but selfishly, I very rarely get the chance to go their games, and wish he would have the Kobe mentality of playing. 

I was the person in Vanessa's quote. Was a Kobe fan starting at age 6 when he entered the league, and got to see him one time in Atlanta in 2014 from 4 rows below the very top of the arena. Will never forget it.

• Oh Yeah! 2

yeah, I saw him twice in Minny.  Roughly the same seats you had.   Seeing Shaq and Kobe play basketball in person is still one of my favorite sports memories (saw Shaq at Mall of America on one trip and bumped into KG on the other trip) it was an amazing experience.

16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Aka as the good ol days!  When you actually would watch an All Star game and be fully into it.

The NFL finally gave up and made their all-star game flag football. I didn't watch it (usually don't) but I heard it was an improvement. 

This year's NBA all-star game seemed to be the last straw. The announcers couldn't help but mock it and even the coach said it was the worst game of basketball ever played. They gotta figure out an incentive. 

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The NFL finally gave up and made their all-star game flag football. I didn't watch it (usually don't) but I heard it was an improvement. 

This year's NBA all-star game seemed to be the last straw. The announcers couldn't help but mock it and even the coach said it was the worst game of basketball ever played. They gotta figure out an incentive. 

How would you incentive players making 15-20 million a year?   I get this is a joke of a game and has been for years now.   With the money they are getting paid, not sure what would motivate them to treat this more than a glorified workout.

1 hour ago, sho said:

How would you incentive players making 15-20 million a year?   I get this is a joke of a game and has been for years now.   With the money they are getting paid, not sure what would motivate them to treat this more than a glorified workout.

Losing team can't post on Twitter for the rest of the season?

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24