NBA 2023-24

I like that idea about reviewing the flops. It's true, so many players do it, but it's become ridiculous. That and kicking the leg out on a three to draw contact, which they are trying to curb as well. I think they should implement something like the NHL has, with a penalty for embellishment. You get called for flopping, you get a foul too.

• Plus1 2

I'm 100% here for actual punishments for flopping, but wild that the conversation started with singling Curry out as a notably egregious offender. He's no worse than any and a lot better than many superstars in the league in that regard.

Sometimes it feels like even people who respect the hell out of him just want to find him annoying because he's short with a baby face. 

The Warriors watched James Harden get away with the kick out for years. If the refs weren't going to call it, why let one team have the free throw advantage?

honestly not crazy about the swipe through move either, which requires actively seeking contact with the defender through trickery. Chris Paul is a master.

I guess I just don't like watching free throws. Who is with me?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty bad at the moment, but guys like Paul Pierce, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, Danny Ainge, Manu Ginobli, Bill Laimbeer, Vlade Divac, and Kevin McHale would laugh at the suggestion that strategic theatrical flopping is anything new. I mean, they used to call this very embellishment "The Laimbeer Flop." 

• Plus1 1

I've seen fighters get beat up, punched out and knocked out by Mike Tyson - and never need a wheelchair back to the locker rooms. 

In case you missed it.....

Years ago Dwyane Wade got wheeled off the court with a shoulder injury... :facepalm:

And now Anthony Davis... :facepalm:

I don't understand how and why Charles Barkley and Shaq have received heavy criticism for their reaction to Davis getting wheeled off.  I agree with them.

DHMABgvW0AAqyqH.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Injured Anthony Davis mocked by Shaq and Charles Barkley after wheelchair  report | Marca

Anthony Davis left the Los Angeles Lakers' 121-106 loss to the Warriors in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals in a wheelchair due to a head injury.

Davis sustained the injury with 7:34 remaining in the fourth quarter when Warriors center Kevon Looney's left arm made contact with Davis' face while the players battled for a rebound off a missed D'Angelo Russell layup.

He sat on the Lakers' bench for most of the fourth quarter before being wheeled into the locker room.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, admo said:

I've seen fighters get beat up, punched out and knocked out by Mike Tyson - and never need a wheelchair back to the locker rooms. 

Years ago Dwyane Wade got wheeled off the court with a shoulder injury... :facepalm:

I don't understand how and why Charles Barkley and Shaq have received heavy criticism for their reaction to Davis getting wheeled off.  I agree with them.

DHMABgvW0AAqyqH.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Injured Anthony Davis mocked by Shaq and Charles Barkley after wheelchair  report | Marca

Anthony Davis left the Los Angeles Lakers' 121-106 loss to the Warriors in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals in a wheelchair due to a head injury.

Davis sustained the injury with 7:34 remaining in the fourth quarter when Warriors center Kevon Looney's left arm made contact with Davis' face while the players battled for a rebound off a missed D'Angelo Russell layup.

He sat on the Lakers' bench for most of the fourth quarter before being wheeled into the locker room.

Let's not forget the best reason to ever get wheeled out....paul pierce s#!t himself mid-game and didn't want anyone to see the stains on his shorts so he was wheeled out.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

Let's not forget the best reason to ever get wheeled out....paul pierce s#!t himself mid-game and didn't want anyone to see the stains on his shorts so he was wheeled out.

That's right, and I saw him on podcast trying to say he didn't.  But he was totally lying because I never heard someone need 5-8 minutes trying to explain truth. 

55 minutes ago, admo said:

DHMABgvW0AAqyqH.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched the Shaq and Barkley clip this morning, and against my better instincts I opened the Comments section. A few people offended that anyone would mock anyone needing a wheelchair, but basically a huge pile on to AD for overdramatizing the contact, his long history of injuries, and already looking too tired before the incident happened.

Then I looked up to see the clip was hosted on a site called Lakers Fan Central.

Ouch.

• Oh Yeah! 1
55 minutes ago, sho said:

Well there's this bodily function incident from just a couple days ago during Game 4:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/gary-payton-ii-throw-up-mouth-video-vomit-warriors-lakers/ylv7o5lml4qai80lsdlbe2mk#:~:text=Payton seemed to blow chunks,with vomit in his mouth.

• Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah I heard about that....glad he was able to hold it until he was off the court...and it brought great comic relief watching Dray pass it to Phil Handy.

• Oh Yeah! 1
33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I watched the Shaq and Barkley clip this morning, and against my better instincts I opened the Comments section. A few people offended that anyone would mock anyone needing a wheelchair, but basically a huge pile on to AD for overdramatizing the contact, his long history of injuries, and already looking too tired before the incident happened.

Then I looked up to see the clip was hosted on a site called Lakers Fan Central.

Ouch.

A lot of new "Lakers" fans showed up when James showed up....long time fans of the team aren't hating on AD, it's the fans of a certain player that adopt whichever team he's on that have caused a lot of vitriol.  

• Plus1 1

When I watch the GS/Lakers series, it is a series that I would actually like to see it go 7 games.  So still slightly pulling for Warriors next game.  Even though I was all for Sacramento.  Game 7 might slightly pull for Lakers (old school roots).  

I like Denver Nuggets in the West the most.  They have a team that really plays well together, with depth, have a super-star, and this team has showed up in the win column all season long.

And I don't remember the old SA teams or Laker teams as the #1 seed being casually looked over like the Nuggets.  This is a first that I recall.

• TBH 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24