NBA 2023-24

3 hours ago, sho said:

Let's not forget the best reason to ever get wheeled out....paul pierce s#!t himself mid-game and didn't want anyone to see the stains on his shorts so he was wheeled out.

I know that's the rumor but you can clearly see all of the back/bottom of his shorts on the tv broadcast when he was on the ground hurt - makes it hard to hold it with anything other than a huge grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I know that's the rumor but you can clearly see all of the back/bottom of his shorts on the tv broadcast when he was on the ground hurt - makes it hard to hold it with anything other than a huge grain of salt.

He admitted it and when he realized how much s#!t he was catching for s#!tting his pants, he backtracked in the story.  

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, sho said:

A lot of new "Lakers" fans showed up when James showed up....long time fans of the team aren't hating on AD, it's the fans of a certain player that adopt whichever team he's on that have caused a lot of vitriol.  

My longtime Lakers fan friend contends veteran Lakers fans have never really embraced LeBron James or consider him a true Laker, and while they will root for him and even appreciate him, they're looking forward to the LeBron era being over. 

• Plus1 1

Not to take away from what Denver did last night, a complete dismantling of the Suns at home, executed with cool confidence for all four quarters. But....holy s#!t Phoenix. 

This happened last year, too. Western Conference semifinals against Dallas, the chance to win the series at home, and they completely fall apart, down 57-27 at halftime.

You add cold-blooded playoff scoring machine Kevin Durant to ensure that never happens again, but it does. 

It just seems 100% psychological. Again. If that's the case, I don't know what off-season roster moves you can make. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My longtime Lakers fan friend contends veteran Lakers fans have never really embraced LeBron James or consider him a true Laker, and while they will root for him and even appreciate him, they're looking forward to the LeBron era being over. 

100% this.  He's a mercenary, a hired gun.  He's not a Laker.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not to take away from what Denver did last night, a complete dismantling of the Suns at home, executed with cool confidence for all four quarters. But....holy s#!t Phoenix. 

This happened last year, too. Western Conference semifinals against Dallas, the chance to win the series at home, and they completely fall apart, down 57-27 at halftime.

You add cold-blooded playoff scoring machine Kevin Durant to ensure that never happens again, but it does. 

It just seems 100% psychological. Again. If that's the case, I don't know what off-season roster moves you can make. 

Reports started to leak out that CP3 (who has contract is not fully guaranteed) and Ayton will be on the block this summer.  Goal is to add a starting center at a lower rate and a younger true PG, recoup some draft picks and build depth.   Not sure which PG would be available and they have high hopes, they swung big and missed with KD, may be time to blow it up and start over.

• Plus1 1

A year ago I would have traded a beloved player or two to get either Deandre Ayton or Bam Adabayo.

Now there are lot of Suns fans who weren't troubled that Ayton would miss game 6 because they thought the team played better without him. Some bad mojo I thought new ownership might cure, but that's not the case. 

• TBH 1

Pulling for GS tonight.  The sad part is that they opened as 8 point favorites immediately after last game vs Lakers.  Which tells me (the sad part) is that if they start rolling, the Lakers will wave the white flag, sit their players - to rest them - until next game at home.  That strategy is not good for NBA fans watching on a friday night.  So we shall see.....

As for Phoenix, we heard for one month how this team is so good since acquiring Durant and immediately championship contenders.  Nobody is walking those strong opinions back (media).  

In the last 3 games, Durant started the games off shooting 1-9 (lost), 1-7 (won), 1-10 (lost).  Good thing the officials put him on the line to find his shooting rhythm to help out.  

CP3 is on the back 9 of his career, like the final hole IMO.  Wouldn't have made a difference.  They had no answer for Jokic, or Denver's inside-out game and how the Nuggets play together.  

Looks like Denver vs LA, but if GS (the champs) can win a road game 7 (so strange how bad they played on the road this year), that would also be a fun series.  I say game 7 because GS will win game 6 tonight.  The only way they don't is if this comes down to the final 2-3 minutes of the game, and the Lakers take over.

NBA game entertainment RANT coming ..... :lol: chuckleshuffle

Dee-Fense....  Dee-Fense...  !!!

I may have to put tonights Lakers at GS game on mute to enjoy it lol.

The generated crowd-chant of "Dee-Fence" over and over that you hear is simulated and fake, and it comes through the home team's sound system from the MC with a push of a button.  Sure, some fans might join in, but they are not shouting "dee-fense" for 100 possessions a night.  Nobody who buys tickets wants to do that as their playoff experience.  Just ridiculous sound-system noise.

Unfortunately, you will be hearing that fake chant tonight after the first few possessions of the game (DeeFense! DeeFense!)..... until the end of the game..... unless it is not a close game anymore.  If it is semi-close, ......Dee-Fense... Dee-Fense!

And also, when the "dee-fense" chant stops playing.... and the visiting team has the ball on offense....  you will hear from the overhead speaker system some musical noise that sounds like  "Clank, Clank, Brick"......."Clank, Clank....."  Putting more emphasis and stress on the visiting team shooting the ball.

Also wondering how all those loud cheering fans can instantly stop shouting Dee-Fense in unison.... right when the whistle blows?  Wouldn't there be some still saying it ?  Wouldn't you hear that?

I really hate this part of the NBA entertainment value.

Oh and pay attention to when the home team has the ball too..... it's peppy, happy positive rap playing.  The sound system sounds positive and upbeat for the home team........... And then, suddenly.....the sound system churns out negativity sounds when the visitors have the ball.

It is ridiculous to enjoy a game this way.

Can we just them play a game without all that HI/LO bulls#!t blaring through the speakers to create an impact? 

Does the home team really need the MC/Overhead sound system to create chants of "Dee-Fense" and sounds of "Brick, Clank, Clank" ?  Or rapid heart racing sounds as the shot clock winds down?

Pay attention to it tonight or not, and that's fine.  But I feel better getting this off my chest, and will probably keep volume super low - like it was not intended lol.....

38 minutes ago, admo said:

NBA game entertainment RANT coming ..... :lol: chuckleshuffle

Dee-Fense....  Dee-Fense...  !!!

I may have to put tonights Lakers at GS game on mute to enjoy it lol.

The generated crowd-chant of "Dee-Fence" over and over that you hear is simulated and fake, and it comes through the home team's sound system from the MC with a push of a button.  Sure, some fans might join in, but they are not shouting "dee-fense" for 100 possessions a night.  Nobody who buys tickets wants to do that as their playoff experience.  Just ridiculous sound-system noise.

Unfortunately, you will be hearing that fake chant tonight after the first few possessions of the game (DeeFense! DeeFense!)..... until the end of the game..... unless it is not a close game anymore.  If it is semi-close, ......Dee-Fense... Dee-Fense!

And also, when the "dee-fense" chant stops playing.... and the visiting team has the ball on offense....  you will hear from the overhead speaker system some musical noise that sounds like  "Clank, Clank, Brick"......."Clank, Clank....."  Putting more emphasis and stress on the visiting team shooting the ball.

Also wondering how all those loud cheering fans can instantly stop shouting Dee-Fense in unison.... right when the whistle blows?  Wouldn't there be some still saying it ?  Wouldn't you hear that?

I really hate this part of the NBA entertainment value.

Oh and pay attention to when the home team has the ball too..... it's peppy, happy positive rap playing.  The sound system sounds positive and upbeat for the home team........... And then, suddenly.....the sound system churns out negativity sounds when the visitors have the ball.

It is ridiculous to enjoy a game this way.

Can we just them play a game without all that HI/LO bulls#!t blaring through the speakers to create an impact? 

Does the home team really need the MC/Overhead sound system to create chants of "Dee-Fense" and sounds of "Brick, Clank, Clank" ?  Or rapid heart racing sounds as the shot clock winds down?

Pay attention to it tonight or not, and that's fine.  But I feel better getting this off my chest, and will probably keep volume super low - like it was not intended lol.....

Funny you mentioned this, because in the fourth quarter, down by 25 in a game they were clearly going to lose, that Dee-Fense! chant came up and I thought "wow, that's really pathetic for the Suns."  Didn't know it was fake, though I shouldn't be surprised.

At Chase Center that chant is the real thing and it shakes the rafters. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, admo said:

Tonight - GS for the win!  

Excited to see this game

Rooting big for my Warriors but will be unsurprised by any outcome. They really have been crazy inconsistent all year. 

The script calls for a monster game from AD in retaliation to all the haters. 

• Plus1 1

And with JaMychal Green poking the bear, that's another bad omen for the Ws tonight.   Much like you @Guy Chamberlin I will not be surprised by either team winning.  Winning big or in a closely contested game.   There's a reason these two teams are 6 & 7 respectively, they are not consistent, Lakers moreso after the trade deadline, but still a very inconsistent team.   Both now have the talent to win the championship or to be blown out.   This game will really depend on the refs, will they allow the Warriors to play physical while contesting the Lakers at the rim or not?   If they call it tight on contact, the Lakers will dominate the free throw game as they attack the rim.   If the refs let them play, most likely the Ws win (assuming two of Steph, Klay, Poole, Wiggins play at their average).  I have a feeling, with this game being in LA, the refs are more apt to call fouls, which bodes well for the team attacking the rim.

And I really hope Playoff Jimmy ends that series tonight.  We are really close to having the same conference finals from the bubble, which should solidify the legitimacy of the bubble championship.

• Plus1 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24