NBA 2023-24

1 hour ago, sho said:

And I really hope Playoff Jimmy ends that series tonight.  We are really close to having the same conference finals from the bubble, which should solidify the legitimacy of the bubble championship.

Because of Covid I watched a lot of the playoffs during the bubble season, and some people forget just how good those playoffs were. No asterisk from me, that was a legit championship.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, admo said:

Pulling for GS tonight.  The sad part is that they opened as 8 point favorites immediately after last game vs Lakers.  Which tells me (the sad part) is that if they start rolling, the Lakers will wave the white flag, sit their players - to rest them - until next game at home.  That strategy is not good for NBA fans watching on a friday night.  So we shall see.....

As for Phoenix, we heard for one month how this team is so good since acquiring Durant and immediately championship contenders.  Nobody is walking those strong opinions back (media).  

In the last 3 games, Durant started the games off shooting 1-9 (lost), 1-7 (won), 1-10 (lost).  Good thing the officials put him on the line to find his shooting rhythm to help out.  

CP3 is on the back 9 of his career, like the final hole IMO.  Wouldn't have made a difference.  They had no answer for Jokic, or Denver's inside-out game and how the Nuggets play together.  

Looks like Denver vs LA, but if GS (the champs) can win a road game 7 (so strange how bad they played on the road this year), that would also be a fun series.  I say game 7 because GS will win game 6 tonight.  The only way they don't is if this comes down to the final 2-3 minutes of the game, and the Lakers take over.

Golden State would be home for game 7 if they win tonight. 

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Golden State would be home for game 7 if they win tonight. 

Thank you, I don't know why I thought the Lakers were traveling to SF.  :dumdum  That's why I liked GS....

Had I realized it was in LA then I would have thought it was a close out game for Lakers.  I got my playoff signals incorrect lol.

3 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Condolences @Guy Chamberlin

WCF are set. Nuggets Lakers. 

Time to finally slay the dragon. 

Yes, echoing what @Jason Sitoke said.....  Keep your chin up @Guy Chamberlin because yall have pwned the NBA as a real legacy champ!  

I also feel the NBA wanted Suns to play Lakers.

But the #1 seed Denver Nuggets said.....  "Nah man, that's not happening"

Yall Lakers got to go Thru the Nuggets now, and they get 4 at home.  Even if the officials travel with LA..... you know.... for NBA championship TV goals :) ..........  But I still like Denver Nuggets in the Western Conf Finals....... even if it not popular to admit.

8 hours ago, admo said:

Yes, echoing what @Jason Sitoke said.....  Keep your chin up @Guy Chamberlin because yall have pwned the NBA as a real legacy champ!  

I also feel the NBA wanted Suns to play Lakers.

But the #1 seed Denver Nuggets said.....  "Nah man, that's not happening"

Yall Lakers got to go Thru the Nuggets now, and they get 4 at home.  Even if the officials travel with LA..... you know.... for NBA championship TV goals :) ..........  But I still like Denver Nuggets in the Western Conf Finals....... even if it not popular to admit.

The WCF will come down to the battle of bigs...Joker is foul prone.  Can AD, and the attack the paint style the Lakers use, get Joker in foul trouble?  If they do, the Lakers will be able to steal one in Denver.   Can Joker handle guarding an athletic big who can beat him off the dribble for buckets, be guarded by arguably the best defensive big in the league and still be the instigator of the offense?  He will have to exert a lot of energy on both sides of the court.  Can he do that for a 7 game series?  Say what you will about want about Murray, Denver runs through Joker, is he up to the challenge physically and mentally?  Between Vando, Schroeder, DLo and Lil Country Austin Reaves, I feel comfortable with the matchups with Jamal, KCP, Gordon and MPJ.   Not sure who Denver can throw at James to offset him. 

For the Lakers, can AD handle the physicality of Joker?   Can he make Joker work, while not getting in foul trouble himself.   For all of our wing depth, we don't have a good plan B for Joker if AD is foul trouble or resting, like we did in our bubble matchup.   TT, Gabriel and Mo Bamba are not the guys for this assignment.   A lot will ride on AD manning up and shutting down Joker.   My heart says Lakers in 6.   My head says it's a 75/25 lean Nuggets advance to their first NBA Finals.

• Plus1 1

@Guy Chamberlinit was a fun series.   Lakers got lucky Warriors were ice cold.   Klay just hasn't been the same since his injuries, if he could just be consistent with his shot, this most likely is 4-2 the other way.   Plus, there's clearly still a disconnect with Poole, don't know if it still stems from Dray and the pre-season or what, but him and Curry/Klay/Dray were not on the same page.   Unsure what happened with Looney, I know he's a liability on offense but damn is he good on D and the boards, I think going small with moving him to the bench and starting GP2 hurt the warriors more than helped, and I'm not buying the illness story for some reason.  Curry just got worn down and couldn't will this team to the win, he needed more than DDV to help carry the scoring load.   Really curious to watch what the Warriors do this off-season.   A lot of questions to be answered, and they don't even know who will be trying to answer them yet. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, sho said:

@Guy Chamberlinit was a fun series.   Lakers got lucky Warriors were ice cold.   Klay just hasn't been the same since his injuries, if he could just be consistent with his shot, this most likely is 4-2 the other way.   Plus, there's clearly still a disconnect with Poole, don't know if it still stems from Dray and the pre-season or what, but him and Curry/Klay/Dray were not on the same page.   Unsure what happened with Looney, I know he's a liability on offense but damn is he good on D and the boards, I think going small with moving him to the bench and starting GP2 hurt the warriors more than helped, and I'm not buying the illness story for some reason.  Curry just got worn down and couldn't will this team to the win, he needed more than DDV to help carry the scoring load.   Really curious to watch what the Warriors do this off-season.   A lot of questions to be answered, and they don't even know who will be trying to answer them yet. 

Thanks for the sympathy and respect. A post-game survey of my fellow Warriors fans found all of us feeling oddly relieved. Something just didn't feel right this season, and despite the championship DNA taking them into the second round, it was hard watching them making the same team wide mistakes and completely failing to show up for big games --- as if they'd learned nothing from all the wake-up calls. 

It got exhausting just watching them. Don't know what happens next, but I do know it feels different and better than what Suns fans must be going through. Clippers fans, too. And either Boston or Philly will have some serious soul-searching coming up later today.

Hope you understand that I can't root for the Lakers -- not out of principle, just these particular Lakers -- as I think Denver plays a better all around game and a Nuggets championship would be good for the NBA. 

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, sho said:

The WCF will come down to the battle of bigs...Joker is foul prone.  Can AD, and the attack the paint style the Lakers use, get Joker in foul trouble?  If they do, the Lakers will be able to steal one in Denver.   Can Joker handle guarding an athletic big who can beat him off the dribble for buckets, be guarded by arguably the best defensive big in the league and still be the instigator of the offense?  He will have to exert a lot of energy on both sides of the court.  Can he do that for a 7 game series?  Say what you will about want about Murray, Denver runs through Joker, is he up to the challenge physically and mentally?  Between Vando, Schroeder, DLo and Lil Country Austin Reaves, I feel comfortable with the matchups with Jamal, KCP, Gordon and MPJ.   Not sure who Denver can throw at James to offset him. 

For the Lakers, can AD handle the physicality of Joker?   Can he make Joker work, while not getting in foul trouble himself.   For all of our wing depth, we don't have a good plan B for Joker if AD is foul trouble or resting, like we did in our bubble matchup.   TT, Gabriel and Mo Bamba are not the guys for this assignment.   A lot will ride on AD manning up and shutting down Joker.   My heart says Lakers in 6.   My head says it's a 75/25 lean Nuggets advance to their first NBA Finals.

Jokic is actually not all that foul prone. He isn’t a rim protector, so he tends to use his positioning and get his hands in passing lanes. I’ll be more curious if AG can stay out of foul trouble against Lebron.  Schroeder is likely too small to guard either Murray or Bruce Brown, so not sure where he fits in this series. Reeves, Vanderbilt, Russell and Rui are gonna be key. If those 4 outplay KCP, Brown, MPJ, and Braun…Lakers will win. 

I’ll be curious to see how AD and James hold up if this is a long series. They play every other day for the first 4 games. First 2 in altitude and neither AD or Lebron will be able to coast or roam on defense.  If the Lakers win this series in 6 or 7 games, then Lebron will have played like 2017 LBJ and this will be a huge feather in his career cap. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Feeling cautiously optimistic that the Nuggets can finally get it done, but the Lakers have been our nemesis for quite a while. Also, heck of a showing by the MVP this year. Embiid flat out disappeared to end that series, and then called out his teammates after the game? It can't be Harden and him alone? Dude, both of you shot under 28% in an elimination game. Weak sauce. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24