NBA 2023-24

1 hour ago, sho said:

I agree, feel fairly confident next year is the ride off into the sunset for James and his time with the Lakers. He will go to whomever drafts/signs Bronny as a FA, taking the vet min if need be.  Not sure what to think of AD, maybe having him be the focal point and built around him will be good, but he’s so freak injury prone I’m hesitant to do that as well.   It’s LA, and if both leave, we will need to have someone that can be, and can handle being, the star of the team in one of the biggest markets with championship aspirations every season.  Not every superstar can handle that type of pressure.  And we can’t have Jeanie being frugal either.   If she can’t afford to field a competitive team in this market, she needs to do right for the Lakers and get an owner in who can afford it.  

If you had to put together a team out of the young parts the Lakers shed to get LeBron and AD, they might be a pretty competitive squad right now. 

Lonzo Ball

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Alex Carouso

Jordan Clarkson

Josh Hart

Brandon Ingram

Kyle Kuzma

Ivica Zubac
Julius Randle 

Larry Nance Jr. 

• Plus1 1

Nuggets have shown they are the better team.

All of the media, the writers, the Lakers coaching and players - including NBA fans - are all asking and wondering what the break/fix is for L.A...  Like there is a solution if they can figure out the root cause of the problem.

After a few games of troubleshooting, the root cause for the Lakers losing is that the Nuggets are better.  

From the media, writers, Lakers, coaches and fans.... they look at this as coming up short in a high scoring game, a low scoring game, and lastly, when the other team has its best player in foul trouble without producing, and their most explosive scorer goes cold in second half.  

The bottom line is this.  LA is a really good team and I don't think anyone in the West would beat them in this championship run................. except the Nuggets.  And Denver has played better basketball overall then them through 3 games.  Hot starts, cold starts, it doesn't matter.  The Nuggets are better, play better, and have better coaching keeping them focused.  Nothing against LA, but the real story is the Nuggets.  One win away from winning the series, with 4 possible games left to play.  And Denver hasn't even played a full good game yet.  

• Plus1 2
On 5/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, JJ Husker said:

So what’s the inside scoop from you more knowledgeable NBA folks. Lakers-Nuggets game 3?

I got a $25 free bet out of the blue from MGM that expires Monday so I parlayed Carolina Hurricanes and LAL to win. I’m for the Nuggets but Lakers at home down 0-2, had to go with LA in this one.

Nothing wrong thinking LA was going to win.  We all got fooled into it. 

I think everyone thought LA would win because that's what the league wanted and expected them to do......and the Lakers are a really good team. 

I mean, even the NBA commissioner (Silver) was at the game with Disney/ESPN CEO (Igor) sitting next to him..... in Los Angeles for game 3.  

However, the Nuggets didn't get the memo that they have to lose, and proved they are the better team.   :)  Poetry

• Plus1 2
On 5/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, Jason Sitoke said:

Not sure I agree that Jackson is:

Mark Jackson says leaving Jokic off MVP ballot was 'absolute mistake' - ESPN

Classy fan gave him a towel though, which James seemed to appreciate.

Yeah, there is definitely a gap between what Jackson says on the air and what he says in private. He should be embarrassed about his MVP ballot. Looks like Jackson thought these things were private, but when it was revealed that one person out of 100 left Jokic off thier ballot, some sleuths went to work. 

Oh yeah. Mark Jackson says wonderful things about Mike Malone now, but here in Warriors land it's understood that Jackson got jealous when Malone was getting credit as Golden State's court strategist, and forced him out. Jackson also kicked Jerry West out of practices. Dude was easily threatened. Jackson also asked Golden State management to intervene when his mistress was extorting him for money, about the same time the practicing Reverend was expressing his distaste for homosexuality.  

I always gave Mark Jackson credit for the Warriors big turnaround, and I bet most others do, too. So it's kinda interesting that he never fielded another HC offer. 

This is THE ONLY Miami Heat team I have ever liked......... since the days of Rony Seikaly (born in Greece, played college ball at Syracuse).  Early 90's in the pros, 6'11 center.  Went up against Ewing, Olajuwon, Shaq, Laimbeer, etc, etc, etc......

Ask your parents about him. 

The dude had 34 rebounds in one game :worship  !!!

Rony Seikaly Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

Miami Heat Rony Seikaly in action, defense vs Houston Rockets Hakeem ...

He loved running the floor, banging in the paint, blocking shots, dunking, and being a physical force around the rim.  Crazy how ppl forget about him.

Also became a GS Warrior

BTW the Heat are winning game 3 against the Celtics by 30 points.  With 4 mins left in game.  About to go up 3-0 in the series.

You gotta love it when a team is playing great basketball and it does not matter who they are playing against.

The NBA cannot stop it.  The officials cannot stop it.  Home court advantage cannot stop it.  The other team's superstars cannot stop it.  And that coach has no answers.  

That is when you realize something special is happening, and the best basketball team's are playing the best.  Focused on the championship.

Nuggets up 3-0 against LA Lakers

Heat up 3-0 against Boston Celtics

:)

The NBA cannot be happy about a Nuggets/Heat final when the potential for Lakers/Celtics was there, but I am absolutely loving it. The Heat and Nuggets are really playing some great ball and would make for a great series, but unfortunately probably one of the lowest rated in terms of viewers, and that's too bad. Game 3 was a great example of the balance that the Nuggets have. Jamal went off in the first half when Jokic couldn't seem to do anything right. Jamal goes ice cold in the second half, and just when the Nuggets needed it, Joker took over the fourth. The team is so unselfish and is just a joy to watch.

I think Lebron is starting to show his age quite a bit, and who can blame him? I'm also wondering if the foot injury is worse than he's letting on, because his shooting is just bad, especially from 3s. I still continue to be impressed with AD, dude is a stud. And Austin Reeves is playing himself into one hell of a contract, that's for sure. I'm hopeful that it's over tonight, but I just can't see the Lakers being swept. I don't see this being a close game tonight; either the Lakers will run away with it and the Nuggets will kind of pack it in for one game, or the Nuggets get off to a hot start and the Lakers pull a Celtics and fold completely. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, admo said:

This is THE ONLY Miami Heat team I have ever liked......... since the days of Rony Seikaly (born in Greece, played college ball at Syracuse).  Early 90's in the pros, 6'11 center.  Went up against Ewing, Olajuwon, Shaq, Laimbeer, etc, etc, etc......

Ask your parents about him. 

The dude had 34 rebounds in one game :worship  !!!

Rony Seikaly Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

Miami Heat Rony Seikaly in action, defense vs Houston Rockets Hakeem ...

He loved running the floor, banging in the paint, blocking shots, dunking, and being a physical force around the rim.  Crazy how ppl forget about him.

Also became a GS Warrior

Yeah. I remember. Siekaly was the big signing for the Warriors because Don Nelson's run and gun little team was finally going to have a legitimate center, not just Manute Bol.  Siekaly was definitely a legit center, but it didn't help the Warriors. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I think Lebron is starting to show his age quite a bit, and who can blame him? I'm also wondering if the foot injury is worse than he's letting on, because his shooting is just bad, especially from 3s. I still continue to be impressed with AD, dude is a stud. And Austin Reeves is playing himself into one hell of a contract, that's for sure. I'm hopeful that it's over tonight, but I just can't see the Lakers being swept. I don't see this being a close game tonight; either the Lakers will run away with it and the Nuggets will kind of pack it in for one game, or the Nuggets get off to a hot start and the Lakers pull a Celtics and fold completely. 

Lots of speculation is he should have had surgery when he hurt it, but he wanted to wait until the Lakers were eliminated from playoff contention or from the playoffs.  He's been getting a heavy dose of pain shots and just hoping he doesn't make it worse.  I would expect to see updates on him next week on having surgery.   Also heard AD as well.  

I'm rooting for the gentleman's sweep.   Lakers win game 4, last home game of the season for them, get the W, then compete and lose game 5.

Finals will be Denver-vs-Miami, Miami is such a great story as well, with Jimmy and the underdogs/undrafted players.  But it's hard to imagine anyone being able to handle Denver, Miami really doesn't have a lot of size.  Jokic should feast well against them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 hours ago, admo said:

Nothing wrong thinking LA was going to win.  We all got fooled into it. 

I think everyone thought LA would win because that's what the league wanted and expected them to do......and the Lakers are a really good team. 

I mean, even the NBA commissioner (Silver) was at the game with Disney/ESPN CEO (Igor) sitting next to him..... in Los Angeles for game 3.  

However, the Nuggets didn't get the memo that they have to lose, and proved they are the better team.   :)  Poetry

There are some who felt that LA didn't have their mojo anymore and .. well, for good reason:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-finally-feeling-the-downside-of-russell-westbrook-trade-as-they-fall-down-3-0-to-nuggets/

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, Hagg said:

There are some who felt that LA didn't have their mojo anymore and .. well, for good reason:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-finally-feeling-the-downside-of-russell-westbrook-trade-as-they-fall-down-3-0-to-nuggets/

There are others who think the Lakers wouldn't have gotten this far if they were still relying on Westbrook for anything. 

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Makes me wonder why they didn't just make sure that the right teams won :lol:

Writers strike.   It was supposed to be Lakers/Celtics...but now no one is around to manage the scripts and all hell is breaking lose.   :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24