NBA 2023-24

On 8/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, Mavric said:

I understand and appreciate honoring Russell league wide.  A legend among legends.   As a Lakers fan though, it'll be a kick in the nuts all season seeing that hideous shamrock on the court, and then a second kick in the nuts for watching the game (especially if Russ stays).   I'd been fine with just a green '6' and his signature, no need to put the dirty c-bags logo on the court.

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Holmgren, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's NBA draft, suffered the injury early in the CrawsOver Pro-Am event while defending LeBron James on a fast break.

Holmgren was one of a number of NBA players to participate in the pro-am, along with James, Jayson Tatum, No. 1 overall pick Paolo Banchero, Dejounte Murray and Aaron Gordon.

The game was canceled in the second quarter because of the condition of the court. The unusually humid day in Seattle combined with a full crowd caused repeated wet spots and condensation.

ESPN

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not sure how he keeps getting away with crap like this (although they might decided to suspend him now that the video is in the wild).

Wasn’t Green the dude who nut kicked people when they stripped the ball from him? He and Brad Davison should have nut punch contest.

• TBH 1

There's been plenty of players who have punched teammates in practice (MJ Kobe come to mind immediately) both just had internal discipline.   Luckily for both, it wasn't leaked to the media either.  I'm sure it would have cast both in a bad light.

I don't think the video leaking should change what happens, in terms of punishment, and his public image is already fairly low, so I don't think it hurts him too much.   And he did a good job of answering/taking ownership in the presser.  Hopefully whatever personal stressors he is dealing with, he can find the help to channel that stress/anger in a better way.

• Fire 1

The Warriors have five max contracts in various stages that they need to manage. They can only afford four (at best).

Steph Curry. Klay Thompson. Draymond Green. Andrew Wiggins. And sometime in the next seven days, Jordan Poole. There are arguments for not retaining each of them,  except for Curry. 

I think Draymond just made the Warriors job a little easier.  

14 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The Warriors have five max contracts in various stages that they need to manage. They can only afford four (at best).

Steph Curry. Klay Thompson. Draymond Green. Andrew Wiggins. And sometime in the next seven days, Jordan Poole. There are arguments for not retaining each of them,  except for Curry. 

I think Draymond just made the Warriors job a little easier.  

As a Lakers fan, I'm all for trading Russ for him....haha

1 hour ago, sho said:

As a Lakers fan, I'm all for trading Russ for him....haha

I wonder if the Lakers are going to pull something off in the next week. Wonder if Russ would go cheap. Incredible talent but he gets in the way of winning.

The Lakers problem was assembling talented guys with character issues. So in the off-season they go out and get.....(checks notes).....Dennis Shroeder and Patrick Beverley. 

I'd feel sorry for you, but as a Warriors fan I can't. 

(I think you'll enjoy Juan Toscano-Anderson. Good guy & fun player) 

It'll be another long season, unless Pelinka can pull a rabbit out of the hat and move Russ for value w/o mortgaging the future.  I don't see it happening and even having Russ' contract off the books next year, because of AD and LBJ, it'll still be  a challenge to get good value in FA around those two.

I think the biggest issue is there is no hierarchy in the front office.   The Rambi have one vision, Rob a different vision, Jeanie has a third and then Klutch and LBJ had some influences in decision making process as well.   Ever since the Disney Championship, it's been a hot mess with player movement between getting bad character guys, to guys that don't mesh well with the system (because too many chefs in the kitchen) to being cheap and it'll most likely take blowing everything up to fix it.   But nothing will work until they have a unified front office.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:43 PM, sho said:

It'll be another long season, unless Pelinka can pull a rabbit out of the hat and move Russ for value w/o mortgaging the future.  I don't see it happening and even having Russ' contract off the books next year, because of AD and LBJ, it'll still be  a challenge to get good value in FA around those two.

I think the biggest issue is there is no hierarchy in the front office.   The Rambi have one vision, Rob a different vision, Jeanie has a third and then Klutch and LBJ had some influences in decision making process as well.   Ever since the Disney Championship, it's been a hot mess with player movement between getting bad character guys, to guys that don't mesh well with the system (because too many chefs in the kitchen) to being cheap and it'll most likely take blowing everything up to fix it.   But nothing will work until they have a unified front office.

If the Lakers have taught us anything, it's that they can make every bad decision imaginable and still end up with 2 superstars and a title run because .... Lakers.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24