NBA 2023-24

1 hour ago, sho said:

He's the definition of a role player.   He fits perfectly with this team, if you have the right schemes and talent around him he's going to elevate the play.   You make him the square peg in a round system, he'll muck up the whole thing.   He's like Peanut Butter, works perfect with jelly and on pancakes, but a complete disaster with steak.  Some GM is going to over pay him and match him with steak and wonder why he's not living up to the contract (see AC Fresh in Chicago or Russell Westbrook in LA as examples). 

Westbrook is canned ravioli. Sucks, isn’t good for you…but you’ll deal with it if you don’t have any steak (kawhi) or chicken (Paul George)

• Oh Yeah! 1

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

You could make a good case that this series is about bench depth and role players.

But it's also about superstars, and Jimmy Butler plays all out for three quarters while saving something extra for the fourth. In the first two games, Jason Tatum is (iirc) 0-4 on field goals with five turnovers in the fourth quarter. 

Then with six minutes left and the Celts up, Grant Williams starts flexing on Jimmy Butler. Butler shakes his head, smiles, goes directly at Williams, forces him to the bench and wins the game. In Boston Garden. 

• Plus1 1

So what’s the inside scoop from you more knowledgeable NBA folks. Lakers-Nuggets game 3?

I got a $25 free bet out of the blue from MGM that expires Monday so I parlayed Carolina Hurricanes and LAL to win. I’m for the Nuggets but Lakers at home down 0-2, had to go with LA in this one.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

So what’s the inside scoop from you more knowledgeable NBA folks. Lakers-Nuggets game 3?

I got a $25 free bet out of the blue from MGM that expires Monday so I parlayed Carolina Hurricanes and LAL to win. I’m for the Nuggets but Lakers at home down 0-2, had to go with LA in this one.

I'd be absolutely stunned if this didn't get back to Denver 2-2.   If the Lakers lose tonight, I wouldt expect a sweep.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’d take the Nuggets to cover.  Not necessarily win outright. Think it’ll be a 2 possession game either way. 

1 hour ago, sho said:

I'd be absolutely stunned if this didn't get back to Denver 2-2.   If the Lakers lose tonight, I wouldt expect a sweep.

I think Denver will split in LA. Not sure which one though. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think that's a pretty safe bet. 

It's hard to win in the NBA and this would be the game for the Lakers to win, possibly even dominate. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, sho said:

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I’d take the Nuggets to cover.  Not necessarily win outright. Think it’ll be a 2 possession game either way. 

I think Denver will split in LA. Not sure which one though. 

I’m leaning between the split or it coming back 2-2. I just don’t think they’ll sweep them and feel that would be much more likely if Denver got up 3-0. Pretty tough for any team to keep their head right down 3-0. So I guess that’s why I went with Lakers tonight. I do think the Nuggets are easily the better team. Just think it will go 5 or 6 games for sure.

Man, Denver is just too good.   Lakers got the benefit of being at home, energy from a crowd that wanted to be involved, home whistle, Jokic in foul trouble, Murray coming back down to earth in the second half and still couldn't overcome this Nuggets squad.  Hats off to them, clearly the better team.   Be another great story for Denver to win the title, built this team the right way, kept their stars, added key role players.   1 - 15 just a great squad with good guys.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, sho said:

Man, Denver is just too good.   Lakers got the benefit of being at home, energy from a crowd that wanted to be involved, home whistle, Jokic in foul trouble, Murray coming back down to earth in the second half and still couldn't overcome this Nuggets squad.  Hats off to them, clearly the better team.   Be another great story for Denver to win the title, built this team the right way, kept their stars, added key role players.   1 - 15 just a great squad with good guys.

I think the Lakers should still feel good about resurrecting this season, and the emerging players who already seem playoff tough rather than team chemistry problems.

But honestly, I'm seeing only one more season of the LeBron - AD window.  Kind of like I am with the Warriors core. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the Lakers should still feel good about resurrecting this season, and the emerging players who already seem playoff tough rather than team chemistry problems.

But honestly, I'm seeing only one more season of the LeBron - AD window.  Kind of like I am with the Warriors core. 

I agree, feel fairly confident next year is the ride off into the sunset for James and his time with the Lakers. He will go to whomever drafts/signs Bronny as a FA, taking the vet min if need be.  Not sure what to think of AD, maybe having him be the focal point and built around him will be good, but he’s so freak injury prone I’m hesitant to do that as well.   It’s LA, and if both leave, we will need to have someone that can be, and can handle being, the star of the team in one of the biggest markets with championship aspirations every season.  Not every superstar can handle that type of pressure.  And we can’t have Jeanie being frugal either.   If she can’t afford to field a competitive team in this market, she needs to do right for the Lakers and get an owner in who can afford it.  

• Plus1 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24